Thursday, September 4, 2008

I still look like a carrier of a horrible infectious disease. Sweating this morning did not help - all the spots on my neck became angry and freshly inflamed. Yuck.
But practice was very good, though I felt incredibly self-conscious. Jump-throughs are better, not as noisy and a little lighter. I was practicing lolasana at home with the blocks, but so far I do not see any progress with my jump backs (granted, I only practiced it twice at home, no reason to expect big changes). I felt good afterwards, and I think this is the most important part - my Yoga practice makes me feel strong and young.
For the home practice:
1) stretch those hip flexors to remove the lower back strain in backbends;
2) strengthen those hip flexors with lolasana on the blocks - 10X
3) open hip for supta kurmasana with a chair.
4) Linda's push-ups 45X
Should keep me busy tonight. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everyting goes better for you soon and that uncomfortable excesive sweating stops because, hey, you didn't even gave a title to your post!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Poor Alfia! Your spots will fade soon. What are you doing to open up your hip flexors? I need to work on mine as well.

Anonymous said...

what are linda's pushups?

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how I can use a chair to help open my hips for SK...I already spend most of my waking hours in my apartment sitting on my floor...

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've triggered a lot of curiosity on the exercises. I also want to know about the push ups... I need some urgent upper body strengthening!

alfia said...

Oi, so many questions! :D

Ok, here we go:
1) Hip flexors. Pigeon, of course. Then there is one exercise, that I love. Lying on the back,heels firmy into the wall. A block under the sacrum, bend one knee, bring it towards the chest. Opposite leg psoas gets a nice stretch.
2) Linda's push-ups. She does 3 sets of 10 for each, I can manage only 3 sets of 5 for each. Fisrt - hands form a heart shape on the floor. Second - like regular chaturanga. Third - elbows to the sides, military style.
3) Hip with a chair.sit on the floor, a chair in front of you. put something soft on the seat, to cushion the foot. Place one foot on the seat, knee is bent to the side. Start working the head under the seat, hands reaching for the back legs of the chair and pulling the body down. Eventually, the body should be over the straight leg, the other leg behind the neck, only there will be a chair seat between the leg and the neck. I love this one!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo