Friday, September 12, 2008

Which pose represents your Friday?

I felt really stubborn today. In spite of going to bed late and then having trouble falling asleep, I made myself go to shala, even though I was practically weeping inside. Do you know this feeling, when you are miserable, but also angry at yourself, so you make yourself do something? Strangely enough, the practice was strong and satisfying. Keith is back, things seem to be settling back to the routine. I will practice on Sunday, and that will be my week - shala and yin home practice every other day alternately. I actually liked it a lot. We'll see if I continue with this schedule or go back to 5-6 day shala practice.

I am teaching two classes today (which makes it 4 hours of yoga), and there is also lots of work in the lab. I was in utpluthi today and thought - Hmm, this pose is like my Friday - one last big effort and then blissful rest. Which makes Saturday my Savasana. Sunday would be sun salutations, lots of energy after the rest. Monday - Warrior 1, determination to work and accomplish. Tuesday - Janu A, determination dwindling down. Wednesday - Supta Kurmasana, not a happy day. Thursday - exhaustive UD drop backs, no energy left for work or life. Here we go - a week in a form of the Primary series.

I have been obsessing over Sade's "Flow" lately for some reason. Matches my melancholic mood. I think I will use it in my class today:



Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Boodiba said...

Hmmmm.... one pose for Friday. I think my Friday is going to be about my drop backs... I can't think further than that thought. Too lazy :)

rayna said...

my friday pose will be child's pose. in bed. :-D i ate too much last night for dinner and that on top of being preggers really made this morning's practice... um... fun! have a happy friday, alfia!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to go with Mari-D. I actually truly bound on my right on my own for the first time this am and then was slightly scolded for half-heartedly struggling with it on my left and then waiting on an assist.

Definitely an excellent summary to my past week.

alfia said...

Drop backs, Linda? You are just too strong! :)

Tsk, tsk, Rayna, eating too much. I am actually kidding, because I think you so skinny after India. Childs pose sounds yummy!

Portside, congratulation! Binding in Marichi D is a big step. My left is much tighter than the right, too. I spend longer time on the left because of that.

:)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo