Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who needs reality, anyway?

Most bizarre experience today. I prepared clothes and food yesterday, had a nice slow yin practice and went to bed well before nine. This morning, my ipod woke me up with cheerful chirping at 4:15, I got up, fed the cats, prepared my shake, turned on TV and computer. Something felt a little off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Prepared for the shower... and then my cat woke me up. At 5:45! I could not believe it. The dream was so real, so vivid, I still remember some bits of news I heard on TV. So not only did I not practice, but was late for work. Not sure why I am so surprised, though. This is not the first time something like that happening with me. My relationship with sleep is very complicated.
I am at work now, and even though I slept nearly 9 hours, I feel sluggish and sleepy. As much as I would like to practice today, I do not think it will be possible. Lots of work, and in the evening I am taking my dear friend Jane out for her birthday. She is one of the most interesting people I met in my life and I am looking forward to seeing her and listening to her stories.
OK, time to wash my face with cold water to wake up and start working. I hope you have a beautiful Wednesday!

7 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

oh, i missed you this morning!

Anonymous said...

Good morning!!! Sleep is delicious, isn't it? I decided we should all be able to go to work at noon so we can practice every day at 9.

alfia said...

Hi, Tova! Who taught the class? They are all over the place these days. I would hate to miss a day when Aliya is teaching.
I miss you too! Shall we have a breakfast this Sunday?

alfia said...

Good morning, Anna!
Sleep is delicious, but for some reason I do not feel rested today. I wished I practiced instead. Messed up my day.
Working from 12 to 4 - that would be an ideal day. Wait, from 8 to noon - even better! :D

crankyhausfrau said...

David was there today, but Keith was there yesterday and i thought tiesday was a David day. who knows? email Aliya, i bet he would tell you when he was teaching.
sunday will be good. whole foods breakfast?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story!!!!! I think it just means you needed the rest, though!

susananda said...

I have those false awakenings too! Ugh!!!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo