Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crim but fun

I was working on the opening of the hips for better supta kurmasana. After a while I noticed that this pose (do not know the name and too lazy to look it up) became easy to do. Decided to document in the common corridor. The downside of the arrangement is that it is hard during the 10 seconds of the self-timer to get both into the pose and into the frame completely. My cat had much better luck in this regard. And neighbors walked to and from the elevator every 2 seconds for some reason. I will never be able to look them into eyes from now on.

8 comments:

Boodiba said...

Actually the composition is very Degas the yogi I think!

What is the pose name? I still haven't looked up the Sanskrit for Saturday or Sunday. I'm supposed to start learning more mangala mantras? Eeep.

alfia said...

Really? I thought the composition sucked big time. But you are an expert, I trust you!

According to a singe google find (http://www.hillaryrubin.com/content/gallery/gallery_3.html) this pose is called yogadandasana. I am not sure, though.
What are mangala mantras?! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! That looks pretty cool!!!! (PS I wanna do that when I grow up--as a yogi, I mean).

alfia said...

Hi, Nairam:

It is not all that difficult, you'll be able to do it in no time!
Oh, I remembered that in English it is called a dragonfly pose. I learned it in Adrienne Reed training. :)

susananda said...

Awesome! Just like Richard Freeman :) The cat in the photo is a nice touch. It would even better if he'd climbed on top of you though :)

I'm supposed to be practising right now...

Boodiba said...

The mangala mantras are the closing mantras. I never bother with them. The regular closing that everyone does is for primary, but there are additional verses you can say once you finish each series.

Yawn.

I might skip today.

alfia said...

Hi, Susan:

Thank you! My cat tends to climb on me on different occasions, so I would not put it past her. :) This time she was much more interested in the neighbors walking about.

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
i think your camera has a setting where you can change it to wait 30 seconds. i found mine.

congratulations on moving to 2nd series.

cheers,
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo