Thursday, April 3, 2008

San Francisco, continued


Some pictures from the trip:
Our hotel was very close to this building. Which was very nice, because we could see it practically from everywhere and it served as a "homing" landmark. A very impressive structure!

San Franciscans surely love their shrooms!



Chinatown is very colorful.




It is right next to the Financial District


Seagull population was not affected by the increasing food prices. These birds are enormous! First I thought that my sense of perspective suffered from the flight, but then a passing by tourist from Australia noted the same. He said " These birds have a wing span of pterodactyls! The gulls are much smaller in Australia"

4 comments:

lilalia said...

Great photos. Is the weather as beautiful as these few photos indicate? You should have told the passing Aussie about the mosquitoes in Canada (size of refrigerators).

alfia said...

Hi, Lia! Weather was beautiful, but a little cold and windy for my taste.
I did not know about Canadian mosquitos! I was planning to visit friends in Montreal and Toronto this summer, but you seeded some doubt into my soul. I do not like mosquitos at all! :)

Elaina said...

You are in DC right?? I'll be there for a conference June 26th - July 3rd this summer!:)

Could you recommend a good studio to practice in downtown while I am there? Do you practice close to downtown? Wanna meet up?!

alfia said...

Hi, Elaina:

Of course we need to meet! Absolutely!
We do not have too many ashtanga studios here; most of the people go to http://ashtangayogadc.com/ in Tenleytown.

Which conference are you talking about? SFN is also in DC this year, sometimes in the fall, right?

email me alfia at rcn dot com, I will give you my cell number

How exciting!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo