Thursday, April 10, 2008

I did not practice this morning. Woke up at 4:30; by the time I finished with the kitty's stuff, it was already 5:30. Took a shower and went to work, so I could finish my experiment as early as possible and get back home. The cat is not doing well. I might cave in and take her to the vet, but we'll see. I will give it another day, I think.
It was so foggy today! The white and pink blooming trees looked really pretty through the fog.
I hope to practice tonight at home. For some reason I am craving something different, not just primary. I might get one of the Yoga Synergy or Andrew Lappa's DVD's and practice with them. I remember them being very tough,and I wonder if I would feel any differently after 7 months of doing Mysore.

8 comments:

Boodiba said...

Woo hoo! Step class? Just kidding.

It's fun to date other kinds of yoga once in awhile.

alfia said...

Step class ?????! :D

It is fun. I love Yoga Synergy DVDs. They are based in Australia, and have this beautiful flow style of yoga. Very, very challenging (at least for me).

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, every year I say I'm going to DC for the cherry blossoms and every year I manage to miss it! 2009?

You are good cat mother.

What is it with all of us and our sick cats? Mine threw up at 6:00 a.m.

Boodiba said...

Step, kick!, kick ball change. Ah... I used to do them, years ago.

Never heard of Synergy Yoga.

alfia said...

Good morning, Anna!

The weather was not great this year during the festival, so you did not miss much. I am sure next year it will be perfect; come, visit!

Hairballs?

alfia said...

Linda, have you heard of Andrew Lappa? He does a lot of theoretical/philosophical stuff; but his practice is quite beautiful.

Boodiba said...

Nope. Maybe will google later. When in the midst of post lunch, afternoon escpism.

Anonymous said...

Nah, not hairballs, either irritable bowel syndrome or lymphoma. I won't do the tests for lymphoma b/c if that's the case, I won't treat it - for this animal, the treatment would be worse than the disease.

So we treat symptomatically. Usually I find something that works for about 2 weeks, then she begins to throw up again, I change the system around and it works for awhile, etc.

It's frustrating because when she's not in the process of getting sick, she's absolutely fine, healthy, plays, is herself and is NOT suffering. I just don't like cleaning the mess which conveniently happens usually at 3:00 a.m.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo