Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Only two days till Friday?

I had a little hurried practice this morning because I had to be at work by 7:30. But it felt good nevertheless. Keith adjusted me in Parivritta Parsvakonasana so that my chest was facing the ceiling and the back of my head was turned towards the floor. I told him that there was no way I could keep balance and dristi on my hand. He answered that those "fixed" dristis are in fact not fixed all that much. The major purpose of dristis, he said, is to keep the gaze from wandering, and it does not really matter which point you choose for fixation.
Tova was there, too. She has such a sunny presence, she practically lights up the room. I think "Cranky" is the misnomer of the century.
A lot of work today. An immunology class in the evening. I am getting tired just thinking about it.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!

4 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

you are so sweet. i think you have a wonderfully sunny presence as well! i was just telling Annabella that! and when i started blogging, i felt pretty cranky. that is why i called myself that. i guess i am not so much anymore!

Boodiba said...

It's till cute in its inexactitude, your name.

Anonymous said...

That's a nice adjustment Alfia, Christopher did that to me once and said, "open your heart." I think of that sometimes when I do the pose and it makes me smile!

I want to come to DC and play with you guys!

alfia said...

Please, Anna come! We will have so much fun!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo