Wednesday, April 16, 2008

They say the Spring is here.

Good practice today. Aliya was teaching, and I love, love his adjustments! David and Keith are great, but Aliya is like a treat every time. He has a knack of getting you into the pose deeper than you would imagine you could possibly do, and at the same time it never hurts of feels bad. It is a talent, Rayna is right. He folded me nicely in supta kurmasana, flattened me completely in baddhakonasana, and gave nice pointers for stretching the hip flexors. The practice took longer, than usual, but I felt particularly good afterwards.
My cat seems to be doing better. I still hydrate her with saline and feed her with high calorie Nutrical; but yesterday and today she ate a little on her own and was willing to spend the whole evening in our presence.
I have an unbelievable amount of work to do at work. Which sucks since it is very nice outside (or so they say), and I did not see the sunlight yesterday at all. A vacation would be nice.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alfia I thought of you this morning in parsvakonasana and I smiled!

Glad the cat is doing better. May all our cats be well! (Oh, I can light a candle to the patron saint of animals!)

xxx! sending sunshine.

alfia said...

Thank you so much, Anna!
I would appreciate you lighting a candle very much! :)

Anonymous said...

I believe it's St. Francis of Assisi. I will light for all cats, MEOW!

Boodiba said...

Ahhh I love adjustments. I hardly ever get them these days. Boo hoo.

alfia said...

What are you paying the big bucks for? I mean the shala fees? :)

Boodiba said...

My teacher!! He doesn't coddle me much. Busy room and I don't need it. So I never get the "feel good" kind of adjustments.

alfia said...

"Feel good" adjustments are good for the soul. You might give him a hint that your soul needs a little coddling... :D

Boodiba said...

I usually say, "Goodie!" when he comes over for Pashasana.

Ya, ya... even less when I practice i sync with YA. He considers us a self-contained unit then, it seems.

crankyhausfrau said...

it is spring! yay! i can't imagine the weather any more perfect than it is today!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was with you guys! (whine)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo