Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Long, long Tuesday.

I woke up after a dreadful nightmare and thought, "Oh, no, it can not possibly be the time to get up!" Walked around like a zombie and briefly considered not going to practice. I went there anyway, and was rewarded - Aliya was teaching. Good, good practice, a little slow but deeply satisfying.
This week I am extremely busy at work. My deeply satisfied body is uncooperative though. It says: " I was a good girl! Why don't you reward me with a nap, for example? Or some yummy food?". No such luck. Two major deadlines and a million of minor ones. Immunology class in the evening, followed by a journal club. I think I am ready to retire.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like one of those days you wish you could take rest for an hour. maybe even get a short nap in there.

*hugs*

hang in there, the weekend cometh! and stop thinking about retirement - you're much too young! (^_^)

alfia said...

An hour-long nap is in the dremland. The are things that needed to be done yesterday, and things that needed to be done last month. I am paying dearly for my own procrastination!

But we shall overcome, right? No pasaran!

Thanks, Rayna! The weekend is cometh sign is now on my desktop - to ward off the retirement sentiments! :)

alfia said...

OMG, could I possibly be lamer with that many typos? It is like I am not challenged enough with the bad grammar! :0

Boodiba said...

Fcuk the typos anyway!

I'm SO tired today. I don't know what my problem is. (3rd series?) You'd think I'd be rested w/ the three day weekend and the moon day Sunday. But no. No I'm not rested.

Boodiba said...

Fcuk the typos anyway!

I'm SO tired today. I don't know what my problem is. (3rd series?) You'd think I'd be rested w/ the three day weekend and the moon day Sunday. But no. No I'm not rested.

rayna said...

there's a great ziggy comic where he gets a phone call from the procrastination association telling him he's months overdue in picking up his trophy. sometimes - ok a lot of times - i feel just like ziggy.

alfia said...

That is exactly like me! I think I should legally change my name to Ziggy. Or stop being one, like, NOW! :D

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
It sounds like you're really busy. I wonder what happened to ABY.
Cheers,
Arturo

Rebirth2017 said...

Hi Arturo!! I am back from AZ and blogging again!

Hi Alfia!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY today the 24th!?

Love,
Aby

alfia said...

Good morning, Arturo and Aby!

Thank you!

I was terribly busy the last several days, but things are easing up. I missed you, guys! :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo