Friday, April 11, 2008

Things are looking up.

Practice at the shala again, after a two-day break. Keith was in unusually good mood, and it was contagious. He explained to me the purpose of the teacher adjustment in Hasta Padangusthasana. I was always wondering, why did they come and held the student's leg? It made the pose easier, of course, but still. Turns out they try to allow you to lower the hip of the raised leg without loosing the balance. I see. The practice was nice and light, in spite of the lack of sleep. By UD, though, I was tired, and my attempts to stand up were pathetically feeble. Oh, well , the day will come and I will stand up.
The kitty update. Yesterday after work I found her in a very bad shape. She could barely walk, her lips had a bluish tint, and she was not eager to leave her hiding place. I infused her subcutaneously with 300 ml of saline, and she became much better by the bedtime. She came out by herself (though she had to rest several times and her paws were shaking), pooped a little and ate a microscopic piece of a smoked turkey breast. Yes! I think her chances improved a little. I will continue hydrating and force-feed her twice a day, and we'll see how it goes.

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

Elaina said...

300 mL subcu. That's a lot! I hope your kitty feels better soon!!!!

alfia said...

Hi, Elaina, thank you!

Normally it goes 100 ml per kg of body weight. She is 6 kg, so it is 600 ml per day.

Boodiba said...

Oooh poor kitty. I'm glad you got your yoga in though. That makes everything better.

rayna said...

oh alfia, i'm glad to have seen you this morning! i'm really sorry about your kitty. :-(

alfia said...

You are so right, Linda - yoga made things better. I think I was really depressed yesterday also because did not get a chance to do yoga.

Rayna, Aliya - I was happy to see you, too! Your practice is so awesome, it inspires me every time! Why do you think I position myself strategically to be able to see you? That and also whiffs of fresh air from the door. :D

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo