Thursday, February 14, 2008

Aches, pains, and joys

Today’s practice was a little rough – I got really tired by the time of the wheel pose. I still made several feeble attempts to stand up. Then I had to rest, observing enviously a fellow yogini to do the same, but successfully, getting up absolutely effortlessly. D. says that I have a required backbend, just can’t get the sequence of the movements correctly. May be, but I still think that I am just not strong enough.

My left sitbone still hurts in all forward bends; I was bending my left knee to protect it. I wonder if it can cause misbalance in my pelvice or something of the kind. I would really hate to start skipping practice because of overstretched hamstrings though.

In my day work I have to sit at the computer for long stretches of time lately, and I noticed that when I get up, my legs and hips hurt until I get my muscles working by walking a little longer. What is up with that? Old age? I can’t wait until the time when I am no longer hurting from my practice. Will it ever come, I wonder? Things are better, of course, compared to a couple of months ago, when I suffered from the collar-bone pain (supta kurmasana) and knee pain (an accident while teaching). But every time I start feeling good, I rush into practice with all force, and end up hurt again. Should start learning from the mistakes, I guess!

I just realized what a whiny post this is! Oh, well, it goes without saying that the practice brings joy and comfort, general feeling of well-being and confidence into my life. I need to remember it more often, so that the struggles and pains would not cloud the big picture.

No comments:

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo