Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday is the most yoga-intense day of the week for me. In addition to morning Mysore, I teach a free class at noon at my work, and then, in the evening, there is my regular all-levels class which I teach at my "other", non-ashtanga studio.The second day is Sunday, when I teach a Power yoga class in the afternoon in addition to the Mysore practice. Saturday is completely yoga-free, and a lot of fun, because it is so different from the rest of the week.
I was very restless this morning during the practice. As a result, I could even not hold the balance in hasta padangusthasana. Normally, during the practice, I am trying to "empty the back of my head" everytime I hold a pose for five breaths. I am not sure, why it is the back of my head I am emptying, not front or the sides, but it is something that helps me to ground and to start really feeling the pose. Today, however, the back of my head resisted the emptying and there was a loud buzzing noise in my head throughout the whole practice. Only in a headstand, of all poses, I suddenly calmed down. One of those buzzing thoughts, running around in my head, was the question - "Will I get a new pose today?", which is totally ridiculous, since I am nowhere ready to move forward. And yet it kept popping up, until it became clear that this was not going to happen. I have got an interesting adjustment though. Normally we never get any adjustments in Mari A. But today, K. brought my shoulders closer, so that I could clasp my wrist instead of the fingers, and then pressed down on me, so that my nose first bumped into the strainght leg somewhere below the knee. I had to turn my head slightly in, to give the room and then I practically reached the floor with my nose. The hamstrings behaved nicely, so there was no harm done, but nice, deep feeling of the release in both hamstirngs and the shoulders. Aaaah!

No comments:

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo