Friday, January 2, 2009

New year, new life ... sigh.

It is really hard to start a new life when your nose is stuffed and your head is achy. At least to start a new yoga life, which would consist of not-skipping Mysore. I started feeling lousy on Wednesday, met New Year in a theraflu-induced gaze and was hoping that today things would be better. Alas, no such luck. By this time I am no longer contagious, but the sounds of blowing my nose every three seconds can make anybody nervous. Especially because our shala is full of pregnant women. So second day of home practice. Yin practice, I think. The thought of doing primary terrifies my achy carcass. By the way, theraflu and champagne make a very potent combination. Particularly when you avoided alcohol for a long, long time. Good thing we were celebrating at home. :D
Skipping work today, too. Need to prepare the lectures to teach, the classes start next week. On Sunday - my yoga classes start, winter session. These holidays are over way too soon, let me tell you. Would be nice to have another week or two.
The bright spot - meeting with Rayna, Sarah and Tova tomorrow for a little photosession and maybe a dinner afterward. Life does not suck too much, afterall. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I want to come! I want to come!

I'm excited that you will be in NYC to visit your son come spring. You can meet Greg... he's so delightful.

I hope you feel better. I've been doing a lot of self practice and while it's lovely in a different way, it's not the same as being in a shala.

Classes next week! Wow!

Have a great day. xx

Anonymous said...

Where did the last 3 weeks go, the 3 weeks leading up to going away seemed to take forever.

Feel better soon and take practice easy.

Elaina said...

Happy New Year, dear Alfia! :) Thanks for the sweet note. I hope you are feeling much better and that 2009 brings you the greatest of happiness!
Love,
E

susananda said...

Oh dear... I hope you feel better soon! Yes, another week off is what we need. I'm dreading it all starting up again, and back to sleep deprivation..

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Happy New Year to you and Victor.
hugs
Arturo

Rebirth2017 said...

Hi Alfia!
THanks for your note and Happy New Year to you too!

Hope you are feeling better!

You're coming to NYC? Hmmmmm...maybe see you there :)

Have a great weekend!
ABY

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo