Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dream - and you will have your answer.

Second day of no Mysore because of the ladies holiday. I can really feel the absence of practice in my body, because I did not do even an abrreviated practice home. My toe hurts. :( I was wearing "nice shoes" on Monday (to get used to them) and yesterday (because of my first immunology lecture) and it really aggravated the big toe joint, which became large, red and painful. No more nice shoes - I actually threw them away when I realised they were the reason I started limping. Blah.
The last week went in a flurry of preparation for the classes, but I still did not feel quite ready to teach. Nevertheless, the lecture yesterday went nicely. Only one person said he could not understand me, everybody else seemed to be fine. I was a little nervous, but I think it will pass eventually. There were 40 people in the class! And I was promised 19 undegrads and 5 grads. Gave a homework, and somebody already e-mailed me the answers (a morning after!). I really liked the students - they were engaged, answered and asked questions, and were genuinely interested in the material. I hope this class goes well until the end.
Coming home after the lecture dampened my good mood - I could not find my keys. Had to wait for Victor and then ripped the house apart looking for them. Went to bed, thinking about where I could have lost them and then dreamed the answer! Woke up after midnight with the urge to look under a pile of magazines on my desk, and there were the keys. How cool is that? The only bad thing was that I could not fall asleep after that for more than an hour and did not wake on time today. Oh well, it is not like I was going to Mysore anyway. OK, need to do at least some stretches. Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

susananda said...

That is freaking cool about the dream!!

Too bad about the shoes. Do you have Aldo there? For me, they make 'nice' shoes that are really comfortable and stable, and reasonably priced.

Your class sounds fun - good job!

alfia said...

Good morning, Susan! :)
I will check out Aldo here, we might have them. I have wide and flat feet, so it is hard for me to find shoes that both look nice and feel comfortable. Thank you for the suggestion.

susananda said...

I have wide flat feet too! But stilettos from Aldo I can actually wear. And they are beautiful :)

Have a great day!

Word verification: diving

alfia said...

At the first glance - beautiful, but the heels are way too high. I am between 173-174 cm tall, do not need much help here. But I will look more at work. Thanks again! :)

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
that was a good dream. sometimes one asks the brain to remember something, and it takes a long time to answer. in your case it happened while sleeping. I too bought some expensive new shoes of the latest styles last year, and they are a real pain to wear. Hmm, even me, a guy should look into Aldo. There's a store two blocks down.
hugs
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo