Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling light and relaxed.

OK, new week.
Let's see, last week skipped Mysore once (5)
taugt 2 classes, attended 1 workshop. Lost 2 lbs. Ate well, more or less. Walked around 6K steps a day (this area needs improvement).
Tim Feldman's workshop on jumping back and through was lovely. It was pretty much the same as Kino's, but with added value of a handsome man teaching. I think I got the technique right by now, just lack necessary strength. Lots and lots of strength. I can't do lolasana at all - my ankles and feet are just hanging there like a dead weight. Can't even figure out which muscles to contract. Oh, well, practice and..., you know.
Being a lazy bum, I looove moon days. In addition, I will have a massage with Keith tomorrow. His massage is different from Tova's - more brutal, in a bone-crunching, deep into the soul digging way. It is good to have his massage when there are no injuries. Tova, on the other hand, is a born healer, her massage is comforting and therapeutic, and she is God-sent when one is hurt. Anyway, life is good.
Happy Moon Day, everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Moonday Alfia :)
Have a wonderful day of rest and see you tomorrow morning!
:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Moon day. Keith sounds like my therapist Cristina, I just know its gonna hurt, but I feel great after she's done.

Thanks for your drop back comment, though I think the bed and couch are out of reach, ie too low, I would crash before I had a chance to land!

Arturo said...

Happy Moon Day, Alfia

Regarding figuring out which muscles to contract, try this. I have found it useful in understanding where the moola banda is. when you go to do prasarita paddotanasana B, place your fingers 4 inches below the navel and press hard. go into the pose. tighten the muscles there. i think you'll understand which muscles need contracting for most asanas, and in particular jump thrus and jump backs. this is actually something Richard Freeman taught one of my teachers, who passed it to me. you'll be able to get further in B also, although i think you say your head already gets to the floor on that one.

hugs
Arturo
word verif "quasie"

alfia said...

Thank you, Arturo:

Keeping moola bandha helps me to hold the thighs in, close to the body. What I have trouble with, is keeping the ankles in. Seems that hamstrings should be at work here, but I am not able to engage them properly. Thourougly confused...

susananda said...

Have a great week, Alfia! Keep squeezing those heels up :)

LI Ashtangini said...

I want a Tova massage!!!!!

alfia said...

Thank you, Susan:
I will try to identify those elusive muscles.

Hi, Sonya!

I do not blame you. If I lived somewhere else, I would consider moving to DC just because of Tova's massage. :)

crankyhausfrau said...

omg, you guys are mebarrassing me :P

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo