Saturday, January 24, 2009

Laziest person on Earth gets new boots

For a person who does not have any time anymore, I do a lot of useless things. Today, for example, I drove to my car dealer for a 5K intermediate check-up, or something like that and to check my brakes which I noticed were making noises the day before yesterday. Only to find out that I was 2K miles short for a check-up, and my brakes stopped making noises, which were probably a result of cold weather. An hour of life - wasted.


Last week was bad in terms of Mysore attendance - only 2 days, one of them - incomplete practice. I do not even have a decent excuse for that. Home practice was lazy, short and altogether unsatisfying. I am not sure what is wrong with me.


In spite of such bad behavior, I rewarded myself with new boots from Aldo (thank you, Susan!). They look strange, but they are incredibly comfortable and have thick soles. I was too cold in all my other shoes, so I guess it was a necessary purchase.

9 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

cute boots!

i bagged thursday and friday, no excuse other than tired :P

Nairam said...

;) Well, I think I already have the title of the laziest person on Earth :P To me you are the anti-lazy!!! :)

I'm glad you got the boots, they are cute and cool, yeah!

Anonymous said...

It is ALWAYS okay to get shoes and boots. No reason required!

alfia said...

Hi, Tova:

I hope you feel stronger and I will see you tomorrow!

Good evening, Nairam. You are so not lazy. You work ungodly hours, do yoga and dance. Feel better, darling.

Oh, Anna - you are so right! I forgot how to feel girly. I think I have not read your blog (and anybody else's) for far too long. Need reminders and inspirations.

Anonymous said...

GREAT BOOTS!!!
(and totally agree with Anna - one does not need a reason for new boots.)

Alin said...

Whoa, them boots are made for stompin'! Please tell me there is a hidden zipper and you don't have to unbuckle each time you put them on and take them off. Definitely not lazy person boots.

susananda said...

Those are awesome! Glad you liked Aldo!!

I am the laziest person. The. laziest. person. OK, getting up to DO SOMETHING now..

Liz said...

Wow! Those look menacing! Are you a secret tough girl, Alfia?

I agree with Anna- never need an excuse to buy boots.

alfia said...

Alin, I am lazy, that is why I just removed the upper buckle and just use the front zipper. The buckles are false, though, underneath they are snap-on buttons. Yet I am too lazy even to snap them. :D They are very comfortable, though.

Hi, Liz, you are funny. No, I am not a tough girl, just a pathetic wannabe. :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo