Thursday, July 9, 2009

I should just keep my mouth shut

Was talking to Sarah on Sunday, marveling at the fact that I was completely injury-free. Then in the evening I hit a door frame with my left hand, hurting the thumb. Could not do anything in the morning. Went to work, surprised that my allergies were acting up badly. Turned out - not allergies, but a cold. Maybe flu. I was in complete denial. I eat right, do yoga and wash my hands religiously - how can I possibly be sick? But fever in the evening, Tuesday spent in bed, and being barely able to move on Wednesday left no doubts. Practiced today, but it seems that the practice took all my energy away, and I am in a zombie-like state. Why have I ever uttered those words on Sunday?

On a plus side, my thumb had a chance to heal. :)

10 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

it was a delightful surprise to practice with you on 'your' side of the room today!

alfia said...

Tova, delight was all mine! :)

Liz said...

aw.. Alfia, I hope you feel better soon. I always feel the same way when I get sick out of the blue- like, "hey body, what are you doing to me, you're not ever supposed to get sick!".

Take it easy this weekend!

alfia said...

Thank you, Liz! I took is easy today, skipped practice and went home from work at 2. Lazy bum. But my face looks scary with a huge cold sore, and my head is pounding, so I will forgive myself. This time. :)
Have a great weekend!

Globie said...

Hi Alfia, hope you are strating to feel better now. One thing after another, hopefullt you are rid of everything in one go.

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
i feel like that at times. maybe that's why people add the expression "knock on wood" after they mention something they find lucky in their lives, so the next moment their luck doesn't turn. hope you feel better.
hugs
Arturo
word verif: disupe - hope the cold disupes in one go (as Globie would have it)

Globei said...

ha ha Arturo,
They put the keys in all the wrong places on a keyboard dont they!

alfia said...

Hi, Kevin and Arturo:
Thank you, I do feel better already. Practiced twice since being sick, and feel great if a little tired. But I need to re-acquire a good habit of knocking on the wood. I will try to abstain from another similar habit of spitting three times over the left shoulder though, because people might not understand it correctly. :D

Anonymous said...

I cant find your e-mail so am posting here - it is so delightful to practice next to you! I was hoping to see you. Nice dwi pada, by the way. :-)

xoxo!

alfia said...

Anna - I enjoyed practicing next to you very much! I miss you... :(
Your practice has changed so much since the last time I saw you. It is so advanced now, quite amazing. Awesome kapotasana, so effortless. Aaaaahhh! :)
my email is alfiamyst at gmail dot com
Mwah!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo