Thursday, June 4, 2009

OK, I am at peace with this week after all.

Two days of ladies holiday gave me an opportunity to spend some time with a beautiful baby Ananda. We got along really well; the first day he did not cry even once in 2 hours, the second - briefly a couple of times, but then he got into a good mood again. My son was not such an agreeable baby.

This morning's practice was really good. I did not eat anything in the morning, and felt fine through the practice. Blood glucose level was 94, so probably there was lots of fuel to go around. No farting today (thank God), though lubricated skin-to-skin traction during arm insertion in Garbha produced a suspiciously similar sound.

I can consistently bind now in SK, but I can't get there on my own yet. Aliya claims I am hair-thin close to being able to do it. Just need to believe in it myself.

I am subbing a vinyasa class late tonight. Maybe I manage to sneak in a nap sometime today? Would be nice.

It is raining and kind of cool outside. Lots of things to take care of, so I should better start.
Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

Do you rock from side to side in Kurmasana to get your shoulders deeply under your knees? That is my trick. It doesn't look pretty, but it WORKS for self-binding in Supta K (until someday when I might be able to do Dwi Pada and then lower down and bind).

alfia said...

Hi, Lauren:

For some reason, Dwi Pada seems the only option for me to get to SK on my own. I am not sure why, but SK is completely unattainable for my body in all other ways (I spent a lot of time at home trying different options). I gave up on these attempts now, because Dwi pada is soooo close, I can practically taste it. :)

Boodiba said...

ya once you're in the dwi pada you'll shimmy your way right in there....

rayna said...

i think ananda just loves you. (^_^)

and keep optimistic about SK - aliya said the same thing to me and i didn't believe him but then, one day, a miracle.

xoxo

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna:

Your example is very inspirational to me - you just came one day and you owned dwi pada!

And I love Ananda! Am going to miss him badly....

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo