Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bhekasana and trip to LA

Yep, got salambasanas and bhekasana. Still feels good to get a new pose, no matter what I say about not caring anymore. UD felt really good afterward.

I am leaving tomorrow early in the morning for LA, my son's commencement ceremony. Need to have those pictures in a square hat, and now also with a leprechaun jump (Thank you, Liz!). Pity it is such a short trip, but better than no trip at all, which was a real option for a while.

Feeling vastly better today, even though I had to sub a class late yesterday, so I got only 6 hours of
sleep. I just do not understand anymore how my body works and what it requires to function properly. So far it seems that rest is not only overrated, but even detrimental for well being. Who knew? :D But it is exciting to get re-acquainted with the body again, throw new things in it, observe and make conclusions. Just like science I do for living.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats in the new poses.

Kapotasana is just around the corner :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congratulations on salambasana and bhekasana! I've found both really really help with UD. :)

How long are you out in LA? Congrats to you son on his graduation too!!

rayna said...

woo hoo!! i know what you mean about attachment. it is so hard NOT to be attached. i talked aliya's ear off about binding in SK on my own this morning. i really think guruji is right on when he says, "practice, and all is coming." if we think too much, our bodies just get in the way...

way to go, alfia!

alfia said...

Thank you, friends! :)

I will be in LA just one day, Friday, travel on Thursday and Friday. I am not coming to practice on Sunday, though, b/c need to take Victor to the airport (he is traveling to Kazakhstan).

Rayna, I thought you could bind SK on your own? The way you fold yourself into Dwi pada is amazing.

rayna said...

SK is so off and on for me. one day i can do it, the next day i fingernail bind, the next day my fingertips don't even touch. and since giving birth, i've only done it twice. :-\ ah. the 7th series of yoga... ananda makes it worth it. (^_^)

Alin said...

Yay!

Safe travels and congrats on your son's graduation!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Happy day! Have a wonderful trip, too ;)

crankyhausfrau said...

have a wonderful trip!! congratulations to your boy!

Liz said...

Anon! So terrible to taunt her with what's coming! ha ha ha!! Kapo hell!

Have a great time in LA - I expect to see that leprechaun photo!

Rebirth2017 said...

Yay!!!
We're even now! LOL!

Congrats and have a great trip to LA for commencement!

Big hugs,
ABY

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
congratulations on the poses, yes! i love your sense of humor. congratulations to your son and hope you have a great trip.
hugs
Arturo

susananda said...

Congratulations and have a great trip! Kapotasana is fun, don't listen to Liz :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo