Sunday, April 12, 2009

One week - done, one to go.

OK, this week was dismal from the yoga point of view. I do not remember anything worse in years. I did ONE mysore practice and zero home practices. There was no even teaching yoga, since it was a spring break between sessions in our studio. Ladies holiday and hectic schedule are official excuses, deep seeded exhaustion is probably the real one. This week is the last one for my teaching immunology, so hopefully life will get back to normal after that. Average steps - 5348, aerobic - 1255. I am telling you, just dismal.

Food - did not pay too much attention to what I was eating, just trying not to overeat too grossly. Result - did not get enogh of folate, B3, b5, D, E, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. Weight is the same, 75.4 kg (BMI - 25.2).

Nutrition Summary
Report generated by CRON-o-Meter v0.9.5

Nutrition Summary

April 5, 2009 to April 11, 2009
Daily Averages over 7 days



General (89%)
Energy2034.0 kcal113%
Protein75.3 g167%
Carbs291.2 g108%
Fiber44.5 g148%
Fat57.6 g78%
Water2150.9 g54%
Vitamins (89%)
Vitamin A19213.1 IU824%
Folate302.4 µg76%
B1 (Thiamine)1.2 mg109%
B2 (Riboflavin)1.3 mg115%
B3 (Niacin)12.5 mg90%
B5 (Pantothenic Acid)4.1 mg83%
B6 (Pyridoxine)7.2 mg557%
B12 (Cyanocobalamin)15.0 µg626%
Vitamin C814.7 mg1086%
Vitamin D142.0 IU71%
Vitamin E8.0 mg53%
Vitamin K312.4 µg347%
Minerals (87%)
Calcium998.1 mg100%
Copper1.4 mg154%
Iron13.8 mg77%
Magnesium306.4 mg96%
Manganese4.6 mg253%
Phosphorus646.8 mg92%
Potassium3362.7 mg72%
Selenium31.8 µg58%
Sodium2071.2 mg138%
Zinc6.3 mg79%
Lipids (76%)
Saturated13.7 g68%
Omega-32.0 g183%
Omega-69.8 g82%
Cholesterol155.6 mg52%

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Alfia,

Don't despair-I know of the exhaustion you are talking about, and how stressful can be to feel that you don't seem to have energy to keep up with a practice you know it is important for you. But the schedule will ease, and you'll be back as always :)

PS good to see you today, hope you had as much fun as I did!!

alfia said...

Hi, Nairam - I am already feeling better. All I needed, as it seems, was to practice. Who knew? :)

It was a little crazy practice. I need my towel and my rag! Too many attachments, I know.

Anonymous said...

We all have weeks like that, makes us appreciate and enjoy the good yoga weeks when it comes together.

Happy Easter
Kevin

alfia said...

Hi, Kevin:

Happy Easter! And you are right, times like that emphasize how wonderful to have yoga in our lives.
:)

Anonymous said...

My mother accused me of being addicted to yoga because this weekend I have been to practice twice and done a workshop and next weekend I am doing a workshop lasting from Friday night to Sunday night!

Perhaps she is right, but I cannot imagine a life without yoga and Seane Corn's workshop showed there are plenty of worse addictions I could have.

Alin said...

Oy, deep seated exhaustion. I'm sorry to hear that, Alfia.

I myself was fighting the tireds, I could feel it starting to become a problem. So I took last week off and did nothing! A luxury, but one I deserved and needed.

I hope with this class ending you can find more time and space for the things you enjoy. Like sleeping!

alfia said...

Kevin, I am reading right now about your workshop experience. Orange juice, huh? Need to try...

alfia said...

Alin, I like your attitude. A week of luxury and you feel that you deserved it. I normally beat myself up, so that the rest is not quite restful. Need to adopt your view of life. :)

Globie said...

I don't know if the orange juice really worked, or whether it was because it was a new idea and my mind wanted it to, but I didn't chomp any sugar after practice.

I can see what Seane meant about the practice really depleting the body to that point and why I then crave the sugar after practice. Surprising I dont crave salt after all that sweating.

As we all know you can't really eat before doing a practice of that intensity, its a hard one to solve and find a balance with.

alfia said...

I would faint if I do not eat before practice. I take a scoop of the energy mix and one scoop of green vibrance in 500 ml of water an hour before practice. If I don't, my legs shake by UD.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo