Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am grateful...

Just a quick note to keep this blog alive.

Being busy is nothing new for any of us, but it feels like I have never been busier in my life. Well, last year at the same time, when I started teaching immunology for the first time, it felt close. This year the teaching is a little easier, since it is a second time around and I insisted on having fewer students. But the day-work stuff picked up both speed and volume tremendously. The lab I am working in is transitioning to a different institution, which means we need urgently to tie up loose ends and fulfill all our obligations to collaborators. There is so much to do that sometimes I can't even start in the morning, just trying to decide which problem to tackle first.

But I still practice yoga every single day (Thank you, Kaivalya!). I also made a pact with myself not to skip any poses during my practice (my favorite skipped ones - dropbacks, because "me tired...") - thank you, Grimmly! Being a part of a blogosphere not only gave me lots of new friends, both virtual and "real", but also taught new things and provided with amazing inspiration. Thank you, everyone! Ugh, it all sounds like I am saying goodbye, which I am not. Just needed to express my gratitude.

Anyway, I think I figured out how to start my work day, so I bid you all to have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Love your post Alfia...and I know what you mean about busy!
Between teaching yoga classes, working as a biologist for the local University and doing taxes for a certain large tax company, spring is a bit insane! ...good to know it's not just me. :)
It is great to know that all of the other cyber shala yogis are out there...definitely helps keep me doing home practice, despite everything else.
:)

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
i am so grateful to the shalamates as well. i understand about being so busy. i am too. but for some reason, being in a place where the main language is not my own, i feel the need to use this medium to communicate daily with people.
hugs
Arturo

alfia said...

Hi, Christine:

Thank you!

You work as a biologist? Interesting. Do you teach there?

And taxes, my goodness. I guess the hard times are coming your way as April comes closer. My sympathies...

Teaching yoga is actually my favorite occupation so far. I do prepare for classes, but it is just so much fun and instant gratification! Sometimes I wish were a full-time yoga teacher. :)

alfia said...

Hi, Arturo:

I know what you mean, being in a different cultural/language environment. Have I told you that I was in a depressive state the first several months after coming to the US, mostly due to the lack of communication? It did get easier after a while, so I hope it will happent to you, too and soon. :)
Hugs,
Alfia

Anonymous said...

Alfia, you are such a lovely person. :-)

Hope to be in DC soon with Tova - would love to be able to brunch and give you a hug, even if I'm not at the shala! xx

alfia said...

Woo-hoo, Annabella! I miss you very much...

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo