Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some good, some bad.

Last week was the week of our summer students poster presentations, so the time went in a blur of hurried preparations and the poster session itself. Then the weekend came, and it was my husband's birthday, for which my baby came to visit. It was so nice to have the family all together again. We went to see a Harry Potter movie (we used to do it all together when Ilya was still small), bought a graduation present (a Movado watch) and celebrated Victor's birthday in a seafood restaurant at the Washington Marina. We also spent considerable time just lounging around, eating and watching tivoed "Boston Legal". I felt very rejuvenated after hectic two weeks.

Missed Mysore again - the third time this month. My older cat was not feeling good for a couple of days, and today she did not come out to greet me and to ask for a treat. Might not sound like much, but believe me, this is a big deal. Every time she lost her appetite, it ended up with extremely expensive surgery and her being on a brink of death. So I decided to take matters seriously, did not go to practice and instead dug her out from the depths of my closet, fed her hairball gel, checked her signs and watched her for some time, making sure she is OK. Well, she was not quite OK, but better than I feared. I will have to keep my fingers crossed at work today.


7 comments:

Kaivalya said...

Hope your cat is okay. It's always hard when a pet is ill. They can't tell us how they're feeling in words, so it's all guesswork. *hugs*

alfia said...

Thank you, Kai!
I really hope it is nothing serious. She is an old lady, and I would hate to lose her to an illness now. :(

Liz said...

Sorry about your kitty. I love cats and always feel so bad hearing about one who's sick! Poor kitty!

rayna said...

you are such a good kitty mommy. i hope she feels better soon! and i'm glad you had a lovely time with the family! hope to see you in AYC tomorrow! xoxo

crankyhausfrau said...

oh! missed you this morning, and i am so sorry kitty is feeling poorly. i hope she feels better soon!

alfia said...

Thank you, ladies. :)
I will be there, Rayna!

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
happy birthday to Victor!
sorry about your cat.
hugs
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo