Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dangers of facebook and kitty update.

Lately I had a hard time keeping things together - I would concentrate on one thing, and ten others would fall apart immediately. And I added an additional challenge to it (like I needed one, honestly!). On a Facebook, I got sucked in into the Robin Hood game, hopelessly. The intention was to keep up with friends who stopped blogging, but update the facebook regularly, and here we go, the trap has sprang. The only saving grace for me is that facebook is banned at work, otherwise I might have gotten fired.

Kitty seems to be doing OK, though she did not greet me in the morning again, completely ignoring our morning treat-giving ritual. What is up with her? Aren't cats the creatures of habits and rituals? Weird.

Laghu Vajrasana still eludes me. My thighs are fried daily now. David said yesterday that as soon as I learn to do it, we'll be moving forward. Which kind of gave me a mixed feeling - I am not all that sure I want Kapotasana any time soon. On the other hand - I want it! Need to sit and sort myself out.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Cats are usually creatures of habit, yes... hope that she snaps out of this soon! The other day my cat was hiding in her carrier in the morning so I plied her out with treats - by that evening she was fine.

Facebook can be a TOTAL time suck but if you and others aren't blogging as much, it's awesome. It's funny that I'm even here, actually!

Hugs! See soon... xoxo

alfia said...

Hi, Anna!

I am so glad you are here. Does it mean you are coming to DC soon?
Jump-jump-jump in anticipation....
:D

rayna said...

i am thinking happy thoughts for your kitty!! and i totally agree - i'm glad facebook is banned at work! they haven't gotten to twitter yet, though... :-\

about practice, i say just keep at it! once laghu comes, you'll be ready for kapo, even if you feel on the fence about it now. and with your bendy back, you'll probably fly through kapotasana (unlike yours truly, who can barely touch her feet). :-)

Liz said...

I agree with Rayna, just give it time. The pose sucks for most people (though, I have friends with freakishly strong legs who don't see the big deal about it). I used to get SO mad about not being able to do it! It just took building some strength over time. When I first got up on my own, it took every single muscle in my body. Eventually I've been able to soften, but at first I kept my legs engaged 200%, arms ramrod straight and flexed, clamped down hard on mulabanha, and tried pushing the tops of my feet into the floor to help hoist me up.
Good luck!

Arturo said...

hi Alfia, funnyface book is banned here everywhere. hehe
hugs
Arturo

Globie said...

Give kitty some nice freshly cooked fish.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo