Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pictures from New York

Just wanted to cover up my whiny post. Here are some pictures:

Just a girl on Park avenue. I like how she was catching the sun nonchalantly among crazy traffic.






People waiting for the start of the practice in Chinatown YMCA.


Me, grinning stupidly next to Sharath after the practice. He was very nice, though he firmly refused to allow me to take pictures during the practice.
The next pictures are from the Central Park zoo, which was 3 blocks from my son's apartment. I always wanted to live close to the zoo!

Polar bears are now forever associated in my mind with the "Lost". Need to cut down on TV time!



In the spirit of Mother's day. This baby monkey was a riot! He tried to ride his mom and some others without any succes, was jumping around like, well, a monkey, but always returned to his mom to get a hut and just to sit a little, tightly squeezed to her.

This bird was not only very pretty, but also very fearless. It walked around under everyone's foot, practically tripping over unsuspecting visitors. I wish I knew it's name!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers on Park Avenue. I used to think they appeared like magic - subsequently learned that all the owners of all the apartments on the street pitch in a little bit, and the coops all get together and pay for the gardening. Except in the dead of winter months, there's always something there!

I'm so glad that I got to spend time with you - see you next month!

The picture of you and Sharath is sweet. You look so happy!

Happy Mother's Day!

alfia said...

Hi, Anna:
The do an amazing job there with the flowers. The tulips were awesome, like the whole street was on fire.
It was absolutely great to see you, Anna!. Thank you for taking us to practice with Zoe; I loved the experience. See you soon!

Liz said...

I missed this entry somehow... It's so fun! Thank you for posting all the photos! The one of you and Sharath is wonderful. I love the look on your face!

Nairam said...

As always, love the pictures!!! thanks so much for sharing, this is really cool (the last picture of the white peacock is awesome!) :)

alfia said...

Hi, Liz - thank you! I love taking pictures and wish I had more time for that. Sometimes my hands itch to take pictures, and I do not have a camera with me. :D

alfia said...

Thank you, dear Nairam! So that was a white peacock?! Good to know. :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo