Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home, sweet home.

The week in New York was a quite intense and wonderful. It was great spend some time with my son, to catch up with Tova, Anna, Sonya, and Karen, and to meet new wonderful people. I practiced, and walked, took some pictures and generally enjoyed myself immensely. The trip back was a breathe - slept through the most of it. When I came back, however, the craziness started immediately. Right from the bus I needed to have my picture taken for the visa renewal, because we forgot that it was supposed to be done digitally these days. I had only 20 minutes to get from the bus station to the Photo store, so I jumped into the first car that was on the taxi stand. It turned out to be a very old car, which barely made it through DC traffic, coughing and sneezing all the way. In the end, we submitted the papers, 2 or 3 minutes before the closing of the office.

At home I found my older cat in a state of protest over my absence. She pooped and peed all over the apartment; my husband cleaned it as much as he could, but there was still a strong smell in the air. At least she did not get sick this time, thank God. But I was in for a substantial cleaning time over the weekend.

Then on Monday at work all the tasks that I missed last week crashed on me like a ton of bricks. Every single one of them interesting, but there are too many of them and they were supposed to be done yesterday. How ever do people take vacations?

But practice was good yesterday. Again, this is that rare time in my life when nothing really hurts (unless I try to force my left leg behind my head that is). Today I opted out for a lighter home practice, anticipating a long day ahead. I am looking forward to Mysore tomorrow, though. It feels that home practice was somehow not quite satisfactory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling... the post-vacation task list is immense! It was so good to see you! Looking forward to June. You can introduce me to you know who! Hee hee.

How is your cat now?

crankyhausfrau said...

oh, sorry that you returned to so much stuff to do!
it was really nice to spend time with you! i particularly enjoyed the drive down!
another time we should go and i will take the bus with you!

alfia said...

Hi, Anna:

June it is! Can't wait.
Cat is perfectly fine now. The smell is still in the air.

Tova - you totally made this trip amazing for me. You are a perfect travel companion and I am willing to go to any trip with you. I wish I could join you in September! :)

crankyhausfrau said...

oh, i wish, too! some day, yes?

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo