Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekly report

Trying to get back on CRON vagon, and failing miserably. 121% on calories! Ate like a pig. Weight went down a little, nevertheless, which is strange - 75.2 kg (BMI 25.1 - so close to normal!)
Mysore - 4 days, home practice - 4 days. I started holding poses in my home practice for 5 min with a timer. Felt torturous in the beginning, but now I am enjoying them immensly. In some poses I wait for the timer ring desperately, in some - I feel disappointed that the ring came too early. I concentrate on hip openers mostly, then do backbends and gentle twists. The most intense poses so far - happy baby with the sandbags on my feet and a backbend over the chair. The last one I do using a meditation cushion on the chair seat, because otherwise it starts hurting like hell after 30 seconds. I am a whimp.

Report generated by CRON-o-Meter v0.9.5

Nutrition Summary
March 16, 2009 to March 22, 2009
Daily Averages over 7 days
General (88%)
Energy 2170.5 kcal 121%
Protein 115.5 g 257%
Carbs 305.7 g 114%
Fiber 52.5 g 175%
Fat 62.0 g 84%
Water 1747.4 g 44% (was forgetting to mark down all the water I drunk)
Vitamins (100%)
Vitamin A 24621.5 IU 1055%
Folate 561.2 µg 140%
B1 (Thiamine) 5.1 mg 460%
B2 (Riboflavin) 5.6 mg 513%
B3 (Niacin) 21.8 mg 156%
B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 13.4 mg 268%
B6 (Pyridoxine) 15.2 mg 1166% (too much?)
B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 58.7 µg 2446% (I wonder if it is OK? Seems like too much)
Vitamin C 1787.5 mg 2383%
Vitamin D 410.9 IU 205%
Vitamin E 28.9 mg 193%
Vitamin K 386.0 µg 429%
Minerals (97%)
Calcium 1144.1 mg 114%
Copper 1.6 mg 178%
Iron 16.1 mg 89% (need to find better sources)
Magnesium 401.9 mg 126%
Manganese 3.8 mg 209%
Phosphorus 775.7 mg 111%
Potassium 3579.2 mg 76%
Selenium 77.6 µg 141%
Sodium 2708.8 mg 181%
Zinc 9.9 mg 124%
Lipids (87%)
Saturated 13.8 g 69%
Omega-3 4.1 g 372%
Omega-6 14.7 g 122%
Cholesterol 237.0 mg 79%

10 comments:

Boodiba said...

Had you gained some weight over the winter and hence the diet? What is a kronometer????

Let me know how you make out in your ultra sound investigations. I have one from Pro Therapy Supplies. Web site is all three words together with the .com. I think it was right about $200.

alfia said...

No, Linda, I have been fat for a long time now. In 2000 I was 203 lbs, my peak weight. Now - 165, much better, but not optimal. Cron-o-meter is a great free program that allows to track nutrition. Love it!

Thank you for the info about ultrasound. I think I will go with your model, no time to research.

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alfia,

Which poses are you holding for 5 minutes at a time?

That's why I see the nutritionist, all that list of stuff is way over my head, I wouldn't know which were good and which were bad! Presume this probiotic thing she has me on must be good!

alfia said...

Hi, Kevin:

I do a deep low lunge, then my variation of SK prep. Using a chair, i have my bent leg on the seat, and work my torso down under the seat, holding back legs of the chair. Oh, well, I will take a picture one day. So then a supta virasana, one leg is up, knee bent - deep psoas stretch. Then baddhakonasana. Backbend over the chair (with substantial cushioning). Backbend over a bolster. Supine twists - with first knees bent, then legs straight (Jathara variations).
Takes around an hour, + 15 min of sun salutations in the beginning. Feels good afterwards!

I am not new to nutrition, but need to brush up on vitamins. It seems I am overdoing some of them substantially, need to see if any of them are harmful.

crankyhausfrau said...

the thing is, Alfia is NOT fat now. she is just right and lovely. if Alfia lost only two pounds she would be 24.8 BMI which would be NORMAL. she makes herself out to seem like she is obese, which she is certainly not. she has lost almost 40lbs from her peak weight which is a huge accomplishment and she should be proud of herself, instead of beating herself up over wieght she feels she needs to loose.
in addition to all this, Alfia is one of the most delightful people anyone could ever hope to meet. this might be why she appears to me to be so radiantly beautiful.

alfia said...

Thank you so much, Tova! You always know how to make me feel better.

I do have some leftover psychological issues and horribly afraid to slide back to my fat days. Nevertheless, I am not starving myself and dieting obsessively, which probably redeems me a little. But I agree, Tova, I should stop calling myself fat. I am stopping right now. Not fat.

Mwah!

crankyhausfrau said...

i can totally understand that. i was 190lbs at my heaviest (not pregnant!) and it is hard to get out of the 'fat girl' mentality. there is i think part of my brain where i will always be a fat girl, even though i know it isn't true and i am very happy with how i am. does that make me a fathead?

alfia said...

Lets form a society of fatheads! :D

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
interesting discussion. it is interesting also to read the results of CRON. are you aiming for any particular percentage of calorie restriction? it's easier to restrict 20% than 10%, because at 10%, you yoyo up and down. at 20% if you slip one day, you compensate with the overall lower caloric intake.

metabolisms vary. there's a very skinny lady that needs about 2100 calories daily and stays thin. another one needs only 1200, but she's tiny. I need to eat at 1800 or less to maintain. my metabolism is slow.
(Boodi - Cron-O-Meter is a free software for tracking what one eats on a daily basis)

cheers,
Arturo
word verif: refullyg

alfia said...

Hi, Arturo:

I am aiming for a 10% reduction, which puts me into 1800 kal territory. As you can see, I am not doing so hot in this regard. At least I get all my nutrients, right?
SLow metabolism is good; supposedly it is exactly why CR extends life expectancy. Unfortunately it makes all the excesses unforgiving, resulting immediately in a weight gain. Oh, well, we can't have it both ways, I guess...

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo