Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trotting along.

Wow, it has been a week already! Time flies, mostly away from me.
I am aiming for a 5-day Mysore week this week. Had to skip Tuesday, because I overworked my leg on Monday. It did not hurt in the beginning, but then after a couple of eager half-lotus positions it started aching. Wednesday and today I took it easy, had slow and deliberate practices. I actually like it this way - knowing that my practice is shorter than normal, I do not have to hurry and can take my time in any of the poses I like.
Aliya was subbing today, always a treat. He told me to show my leg to a doctor. I think I should have done it two weeks ago, right after the accident. Then I was actually limping and in pain. I imagined myself coming to the doctor and asking for MRI, just because I can't take lotus and supta kurmasana. Do not believe the doctor would be very receptive to the idea. Oh, well, what matters is that it is healing; I just need to avoid doing something customarily stupid and all will be well.

And I started standing up from UD again today - first time after a 3-week break. So far, so good, no back pain (fingers crossed).

Need to work. Have a great day, everyone!

8 comments:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Happy Friday, darling!

Glad your leg is healing. Tomorrow I'm going to a half primary led class! Should be fun. It will move slowly as well.

crankyhausfrau said...

glad the back is feeling better as well!

alfia said...

Happy Friday, JS! It is a beautiful day here, in DC. I bet it is even more beautiful in France. :P

Morning, Tova:
I was a lazy bum today and skipped Mysore for a slow home practice. Some students were so noisy tonight, I woke up and could not fall asleep again. Slept in a bathtub after practice and feeling great. :)

Anonymous said...

I went to a chiropractor because I tweaked my back and couldn't put my leg behind my head. He was VERY perplexed that I considered this a problem. :-)

alfia said...

Hi, Karen:

Exactly! We need to cultivate fellow-ashtangi doctors. Others just do not understand us. :D

Alin said...

I hope you enjoyed your Spring Break and got annoying tasks out of the way!

I sometimes practice with a chiropractor. She's always doing the jerkiest movements, punching herself and stuff. An odd duck, that one.

Anonymous said...

What, Alin? You mean you don't punch yourself during practice? Gosh, there's nothing that stills the vrttis more than a self-administered punch. LOL!

Kidding (of course). It would actually really freak me out to have someone doing that while I was practicing.

alfia said...

:D

I just pictured it in my mind. Too funny, but very distracting during practice.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo