Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back to practice.

Back to practice after a 5-day break. My leg is healing nicely, I can jump back, in or though without jarring pain on landing. Any half-lotus positions and supta kurmasana are still out of the question, but it seems that probably not forever. Without all these poses my practice is kind of short now.Back is not hurting, so I probably should start standing from UD on my own now.

The lack of free time is weighing very heavily on me. Things are going to get worse before getting better. Need to do taxes early, so I could apply for the next year's work permit and visa asap. I feel moody, not quite happy. I miss reading blogs, and talking to all of you! Need to survive until the end of April, need to survive. New mantra. At least I am practicing again.

11 comments:

Alin said...

But Spring Break is soon, right? Maybe find some time in there to take care of unpleasant business like taxes and visas? And relaxing and lounging, of course.

Glad to hear your leg is better and you're back on the mat. These random injuries, aches and pain are SOOOOOO frustrating. And it can seem like it's one damn thing after another. But your back is better, so that's a plus!

Have a lovely day, Alfia. :)

alfia said...

Hi, Alin:

Thank you! You reminded me about the Spring break - it is next week! Yay! Taxes can be done.

Have a wonderful day, too. :)

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Yay for Spring Break! Glad you're feeling better, Alfia. I'm in the same boat as you with the taxes and the work permit! Gotta get on that.

crankyhausfrau said...

it was so nice to practcie next to you today, Alfia! i have missed you so!

alfia said...

Hi, JS!

Taxes and work permit. Suck, don't they?
But we will overcome, because we are shtrong and fearless ashtanginis! :D

alfia said...

Tova - it was awesome to practice with you again. It did feel like I skipped a year or two, because your practice improved so much. And David doing intermediate now?! New people, full shala. Things are so different from what I remember.

crankyhausfrau said...

yeah, D doing his second is a new to many of us! it is your same old shala tho. and better for having you there!

Nairam said...

So wonderful you are back!!!! :) Very inspiring!!!

susananda said...

Oh, hang in there Alfia! Glad you have your practice back, that will make everything else easier. Have a great weekend! x

alfia said...

Hi, Susan:

Thank you! End of April, and life will be amazing and beautiful again. :)
Tried your "thumbs to the forehand technique" - not as easy as arms down, but not as difficult as arms up. Might work as a wonderful compromise.

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
how good that you're practicing again, with a healing, modified routine.
hugs
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo