Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No longer blue, but very snotty

Turns out I was getting sick wit a cold or flu. I am snuggled in bed now with a cup of hot tea and sporting huge purle circles on my back. They are large, perfectly round, and slightly blistering around the edges. My husband provided hot tea, my accupuncturist - purple circles, result of cupping efforts. I called the acupuncturist's office in advance, to warn them of my sneezing-coughing-snotty state. They said it was OK to come, in fact, they might be able to help with the cold. I thought - how brave of them! When I came though, I discovered that a receptionist surrounded himself with an array of burning candles, very smelly ones. So much for bravery, but I appreciated his prudence. He is a very nice guy, I should not make fun of him.
:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Alfia

Liz said...

Being sick is no fun- hope you rest up and feel better soon! (I've never tried the cupping, but have seen the results of it on my boyfriend... i'm a little leery of it!)

Rebirth2017 said...

Alfia!
Hope you feel better soon! I know the deal with cupping for sure...my husband has been doing it for years for clients and me :)
It does work but it also has that wicked look about it.
Take good care of yourself...
Hugs,
ABY

Arturo said...

hope you feel better soon, Alfia.
hugs
Arturo

word verif: tedou
colds are tedous

Arturo said...

your word verifications are the funnest (and they hook me to keep writing) word verifications are always good chez Alfia.

word verif: unity

susananda said...

UNITY, on a yoga blog, WOW :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo