Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feeling blue.

I feel a little down, hence - no online activity. The latter is also because I do not have any time anymore, but this is hardly an excuse, right? It is just the cold, gray skies, sucky practice and have I mentioned I do not have any time yet? Which also means that all the tools to pick myself up - good book, good tv show, good movie, good time talking to friends or DH are not available anymore. Every time when I indulge myself with something non-work related, I feel guilty thinking about piles of un-graded homeworks and unprepared lectures, and it poisons the pleasure.I used to be such a devoted lazybum, those were good, good times.

About sucky practice. No progress in standing up from UD. I think my abs are made of steel now, since I have been practicing lagy vajrasana dips religiously every day. Back strengtheners, too. But alas, this did not help. I mean I can stand up; but when I do it three days in a row, the bones of my lower back start hurting again. Not muscles, but the spines of the vertebrae. I can picture them grinding against each other, and that adds to my psychological unwilligness to do it. David says that I am holding my breath standing up. I feel this is not the reason, but a consequence of the injury - I am just too scared to hurt myself, I can't help it but to hold breath. Oh, well. Blah.

Need to dig up that St.John's wort. Herbal modifications of my body always worked for me, hopefully they will keep me afloat until Spring comes.

Time to grade papers while my experiment is running on its own. Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Alfia! I'm sorry you're too busy and blue-tinged these days. I need a lot of laying-around time, personally. Recharging time.

In Michigan I always was able to start feeling hopeful that spring was coming in March... This is a short month, so hold on, hold on!

crankyhausfrau said...

oh, Alfia! i am sorry you are having a hard time! i want to help you with your backbending. we should make a date when i can meet you at sun and moon before your class.
i hope things let up a little bit for you. you are absolutely a stellar person and should feel nothing but good about yourself.
xoxoxoxoxo

Alin said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still struggling with stress and being overwhelmed. Spring really is around the corner! Beautiful, delightful, lovely DC spring! A few holidays between now and then will help too.

I love how aware of your body you are. It is so impressive. The best I can do is "that hurts" or "feels good". You know...stuff, smart lady. :)

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
did you have a real lower spine injury? yes, i can imagine memory being there to protect you. the breathing when coming to standing, yes, been told it's important.

don't feel bad about not having a lot of time. it's understandable

hugs
Arturo
word ver: "woopr" have a woopr day.

Arturo said...

Alfia is not to be confused with the next word verification, "doper" - too many of those on the street around here and they don't resemble busy bee beautiful Alfia.

alfia said...

Hi, everyone! Thank you for your king words, I really appreciate your support. Tova, I would love to have a backbending session with you!

Anyway, the mystery of my blue mood is solved - I was just getting sick. I am taking a day off tomorrow, will sleep for 18 hours and after that I am going to be just dandy.

Thank you again and stay healthy. We need to survive until Spring which will surely come soon. :)

word - exership. A combination of exercise and hardship? :D

susananda said...

Or friendship? :)
Feel better soon!! xoxo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo