Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy bee

I think I did something wrong with my immunology class. I was so eager to teach and to assess their progress that I gave way too many homework and in-class assignments. The result - I am behind in grading, and there is seems to be no end to piles and piles of papers yet to grade. Thank God fro the Presidents Day! I would probably explode if not for this day off my day-time job.
Yoga wise - nothing new and noteworthy. Met with Tova to remedy my backbend woes, but even her magic touch did not improve my standing up from UD much. She gave me some sound advice, though, so maybe long-time effects are yet to come.

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Alin said...

I hope the advice helps with the pain you have in standing from UD. Has the breath been easier lately? I hope so, I can't imagine how it's possible to stand while holding the breath. I would fall back midway up!

Enjoy your well-deserved holiday!

crankyhausfrau said...

we will work on it again! i will plan better and hopefully you will not have tummy woes! how are you feeling today?

alfia said...

Hi, Alin:

No, breath is not all thar good when I am standing. I am working on it! Thank you, darling.

Hi, Tova:

I got up early today and decided to do some grading before mysore. Then I noticed how long it takes and how much I need to do, so I panicked and stayed home. So I was grading from 5 in the morning till now - which is practically five in the evening. Ugh. Done with grading, but now I need to prepare for two lectures. I need Spring, so it all will be over!
And yes, I would love to have another session with you! Loveyousomuchcan'tevenexressit.
:)

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
your students are so lucky to have a teacher like you who expects them to reach to new levels of learning!
hugs
Arturo

alfia said...

Thank you, Arturo! I home I don't burn out before they reach those new levels. :)

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, dear Alfia, that sounds like an awful amount of work! Hope all is well!

rayna said...

you need a TA for all that "grunt" work!! (^_^) just don't forget that your students are quite lucky to have you as a teacher.

alfia said...

Oh, a TA would be so nice. No such luck, though. Maybe one day...

Thank you, Rayna!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo