Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Practice after a break is a bitch.

Three days in a row of practice after a long break. This morning I seriously entertained the idea of stopping at navasana and doing finishing. I thought I would collapse right there. But then the moment passed, and I finished my practice just fine. Felt great afterward. Need to remember this for the future.
I am trying to decide if my lower back pain (three weeks back) really comes from the standing up from UD or from deep assisted backbends. Two days I avoided both, just doing three UDs from the floor. Today I submitted myself to David's assistance in the backbends. He lifts my midsection very high and my hands are very close to the heels when he helps me. So far I feel nothing in the back. It seems the standing up is the culprit. Back to home-crim lagu vajrasana dips, strengthening the front of the body. Hopefully I will get my stand-ups back, without pinching in the lower back this time.
Oh, and my pasasana is back. Yay! Extra pounds are still with me, though.
Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Boodiba said...

It's really hard to get used to consistent daily practice again when you've stopped for any reason or had a time of sporadic practices. I've found this. When you return to daily, it's up & down. A good one followed by a sore one...

Glad you are back in the saddle!!

verification: sardle

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
i agree that practice after a break is difficult. when my practice is intermittent, i go slowly, as i did today. my weight fluctuates too; it's higher at the moment because i'm not walking as much as i usually do. you may be experiencing weight fluctuation from the time of packing and moving boxes.

verification: "gogri"
meaning "go girl"

hugs
Arturo

Rebirth2017 said...

Hi Alfia!
Thanks for checking in on my blog! Glad to hear you've got a lot of what's on your plate behind you now and can get back to practice. Of course holiday time can also get in the way too! :) All we can do it take it one day at a time, right? And come January, those little extra pounds are GOING to go! LOL!
Have a beautiful day!!
OOXX
ABY

Natalie said...

Hi Alfia,

Workshops always inspire me and help get my practice back on track. I am going to Tim Feldmans (Kino's Husband) in January when he visits DC. Will you be there? We could meet in person.

verification: spaci

alfia said...

Hi, Natalie:

I would love to meet in person with you! Can you send me more info on this workshop?
alfiamyst at gmail dot com

Thank you!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo