Monday, November 24, 2008

Why did I ever give up caffeine?!

Sunday I had a strong practice, which was followed by a very intense class that I taught. This resulted in the most pathetic practice today. I was so tired that I did not even pretend to attempt my half-ass jumpbacks, skipped dropbacks, assisted backbends and went into savasana after a shoulderstand. In savasana I fell asleep for the first time in ages. I thought I slept well at night, so there is no good excuse for such a folly. Maybe my body is assuming a hybernation mode? Even now, at 6:30 pm I am longingly looking toward my bed. There is so much to do, but no energy and motivation. I guess I will just crush, at least I might get a half-decent practice tomorrow.

Good night, everyone!

5 comments:

Ursula said...

Tought, thought, thought, not teached. Your blog reminded me of a mistake I use(d) to make.

Thank you.

Much energy for you.

Ursula

(PS: nevertheless "teached" sounds better for my German ears. Hahaha)

Ursula said...

Tought, tought, tought, not teached. Your blog reminded me of a mistake I use(d) to make.

Thank you.

Much energy for you.

Ursula

(PS: nevertheless "teached" sounds better for my German ears. Hahaha)

alfia said...

Thank you, Ursula.

My blog can't possibly be a primer on English spelling. "Teached" sounds much better to my Russian ear, too.
:)

Anonymous said...

Sleep well!

Sleep is one asana I am an expert at. I fell asleep in Savasana on the retreat in Turkey, the teacher came and woke me up when lunch was being served!

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
as long as you don't snore, only you will know you fell asleep in savasana :)
cheers,
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo