Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank you, Lord!

And let this day to be the beginning of intelligent, educated, and simply sane governing of America.

Speaking of educated. I have not been around lately, because I was ... studying. Not sure why I do this to myself, I thought that the days of taking the exams were so over. Anyway, I applied for a part-time job teaching immunology in one of the local universities. Good news - I got an interview! Bad news - it will consist of me giving a lecture for 20 min, followed by their questions to test my knowledge of immunology. The baddnes of this news is that I am, honestly speaking, no expert in immunology. I know something here and there, but my knowledge is so fragmented that I do not quite know what I do not know. So I am studying, and feeling stressed out. No time to read you, to time to write. Need to study, so that my public humiliation will be less humiliating. I am not asking for much. :)

On the other hand, Obama won, and I am happy!

9 comments:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Happy studying, Alfia! You'll do great. xo

Oh, and GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!

(ha! my word verification is reussit! That's the 3rd person present conjugation for réussir--to suceed. Elle réussit! That can be a sign. ;)

Anonymous said...

Me too! I should go write about my happiness! Not much time to blog on this end either, though.

As for your interview - congratulations! And only a fool thinks she knows everything - it's definitely wise to brush up, but I'm sure you'll be fine and you'll come up with answers to questions that you don't know the answers to right away.

It's huge to take on a demanding endeavor when you already have a full time job - believe me, I remember from the California bar! But when we really want things, there is no limit to what we can achieve. I know you will be a success!

Boodiba said...

THAT'S where you were. It's a good kind of stress...

[phomat!]

That verification must mean, "get ur format / phomat going & ur fine!"

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
yes, the win is a cause for happiness, regardless of what's going on in our lives.
cheers,
Arturo

Anonymous said...

Dear Alfia,

The best of luck with your interview!!! I'm sure you'll do great!

And yes, the Obama news have made me happy too!

rayna said...

you will do great, alfia! and true to their 'academic nature' i bet a lot of the discussion will be amongst themselves. and if you need me to ask you random questions about t-cells, b-cells, and macrophages just let me know... not that i'll understand your answers... ;-)

GOOOOOBAMA!!

Anonymous said...

If its like over here, you only have to sound as if you know what you are talking about, which is probably why so many kids leave skool here not being able to spell!

The first 19 pages of my UK newspaper were about Obama, glad you liked the result!

alfia said...

Hi, everyone! Thank you for your wishes and for not forgetting me. I think things went well, but I am exhausted. Did not sleep well last night at all.
But I am back...
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alfia,

thanks for commenting. I never believed Supta K would ever happen, but new teacher, new belief, new asana.

If you know what's happening after 2 days of needles and drills, do you know how to make me better :-)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo