Friday, October 3, 2008

Second day of meditation.

I chose a shorter, 35-min version of Yoga Nidra this time. Could not do it at 7 as planned, did it at 8:30 pm. Dosed off a couple of times, but woke up shortly afterward and actually heard the ending of it. Yay!

There was an interesting effect on my sleep. I use a sleeptracker watch to wake me up, and it also keeps track of the “nearly awake times” during the sleep. My normal average time between these “nearly awake’s” is around 25-30 minutes. This night, all of a sudden it was 46 minutes. This means I slept deeper for longer stretches of time. I can’t say I feel any better. In fact, I am very, very tired today, and barely made it through the practice. So I am not sure how to interpret these data, but I find it all curious. Well, there is the whole month ahead to experiment; I hope I will have enough data points to draw conclusions.

Happy Friday! :)

10 comments:

Boodiba said...

What's a sleep tracker and how does it work? Sounds cool.

alfia said...

I think the sleeptracker is an overpriced motion detector. But it does wake me up at the moment I am close to waking up myself.
Sleeptracker

Boodiba said...

For some reason link doesn't work, but I can google it. I can't be buying anything "extra" right now but it does sound really interesting.

I did NOT meditate in favor of getting drunk while watching 1940s jitterbug & swing dancing on youtube.

alfia said...

It is here:
http://www.sleeptracker.com/how-it-works.html
I suck at html.
I need to get drunk I think. Or something. Tired.

Boodiba said...

I never even tried to learn the embed link thing, and Carl explained it more than once. Too lazy.

I'm getting annoyed at seeing my little picture all the time too. I think I'm going to have to delete it.

I'm also tired. It's probably way healthier to be in a relationship that to be drinking wine alone & watching youtube all the time.

alfia said...

I really like your hair on this picture. I am not sure what are you complaining about when you say you have bad hair.
Relationships are good but highly overrated. Sometimes just drinking wine can be very therapeutic.
Need to go and teach my free class. I hope it does not kill me.

Boodiba said...

Then it was nearly blond & getting professionally cut & colored all the time. But it's like $200 / $250 in NYC and I haven't gotten a cut OR color in like 4 months. When I found out my dad was sick & I knew I had to spend all kinds of unanticipated $$ flying to NH I just stopped. So I've been touching up my roots myself and chopping off random hunks of hair. It looked ok for awhile cause I've long cultivated the messy look. Now though, ummm...

Oh well :)

I hope you have a great class!!

Rebirth2017 said...

I love your Yoga Nidra experiment and the sleeptracker!

I am fond of this kind of meditation but lately I've been fonder of what is known as
Osho Dynamic Meditation. It's not peaceful until it's over :)

Have a great weekend!!
Love,
ABY

Nairam said...

Ha, I'm always fascinated by all the gadgets you put to good use! :) And I admire your discipline with meditation. It definitely has not reached me yet... :)

susananda said...

That is really interesting that you seemed to have more deep sleep after the yoga nidra. I'm kind of disappointed you were so tired the next day though! What's up with that??

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo