Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meditation, days 5 and 6

Life is crazy. Forcing myself to meditate everyday made me a little stressed out for a moment, but then actually relieved the stress a little. I am doing 5-10 minute sitting meditation these two days, and it seems to be the hardest type I tried so far. Maybe because life picked up its pace all of a sudden and it is difficult to concentrate overall, leave alone on doing nothing. I was so tired during the practice today, nearly cried. I am considering taking a day off Mysore tomorrow, but I will decide in the morning, depending on how I feel.
Need to get back to work. An important presentation tomorrow morning, to which I have not done anything to prepare. And a gazillion of other small things that needed to be done yesterday. Oi.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

9 comments:

Boodiba said...

My prescription is two glasses of wine whilst soaking in the tub tonight.

???

I have a hard time planning ahead to skip practice too, though sometimes I think it'd be a good idea.

alfia said...

Aww, that would be nice! Not today though - my presentation is looming. In addition the rental people are going to have some kind of inspection in all apartments in our building on Thursday. Which means unsuspecting people will enter my mess. They might have a heart attack if I do not clean it a little. Sigh.

Boodiba said...

Oh well. I'll have to do it for you :)

I have leftover Indian in the fridge & I had a sucky lunch. Can't wait to get home.

Wish you didn't have to clean! Bah! I hate cleaning and my hovel reflects this.

alfia said...

Thank you, Linda:
I will feel better knowing you will use your prescription. Vicarious relief.
I do not hate cleaning, but I hate to do it regularly. Sometimes I go on binge cleaning, but it does not happen very often. Luckily, my husband does not care.

Boodiba said...

You seem to have a very good husband. Super duper awesomeness. I love seeing examples of good relationships!

I am out of my mind tired. I have absolutely nothing left after practice & work. I need to shower & even that seems like too much work but I will manage it...

alfia said...

He is wonderful. Love him.
Have a good bath, Linda! I am cleaning for another hour and then going to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you find time for meditation!!! Good luck with work!!

Anonymous said...

I think my cooking is my meditation. Hope you had a good day, even if you didn't practice! : )

susananda said...

Hi Alfia, I hope you've had a good couple of days! I'm glad for you too, having such a good husband :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo