Monday, October 27, 2008

Is it Monday already?

Spent some time in a "real world", and now I am back, in my cozy corner of the cybershala. I think I do not like the real world too much now. Too much nervous energy zipping around. But I did have a very nice weekend, nevertheless. In spite of the nasty weather on Saturday, Victor and I walked around the city in Georgetown and Dupont circle. We had a lovely champagne brunch in a French bistro, a spa visit and talked a lot. Unfortunately, I did not pack his stuff for a business trip as a result, and had to skip breakfast with Sonya, Tova and Sarah on Sunday. Sigh.
My back is feeling better. I haven't been standing up ( and dropping down) from UD from Friday. I think I will wait until Sunday to try it again. Meanwhile I am working on strengthening abs/quads and lower back muscles, so hopefully the return to a full practice will not be a shock to my lower back. Pasasana is good now, I am consistently binding on both sides, but Supta Kurmasana is very exasperating. I will drink a full bottle of champagne all by myself the first time I get into the pose and bind without assistance. Not holding my breath, though...

14 comments:

Boodiba said...

What kind of champagne? I like Veuve Cliquot.

alfia said...

I do not remember - not a champagne kind of girl. I just thought it was very decadent to have it for brunch...
:)

Boodiba said...

I think Veuve is better than Dom. Dom is sweeter. Veuve is crisper.

Anonymous said...

Monday does seem to come around too quickly. Supta Kurmasana is frustrating me too, I can bind my hands but my right foot just wont jump over the left by itself. One day maybe we can celebrate together, Supta K day, you could celebrate with a new gadget.

alfia said...

Hi, Kevin:

SK is going to be a big, big celebration for me, worthy of a new computer or even a car. I am all for celebrating it together. You seem to be further along, though. :)

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Let's have all have a champage party when you do it! If I ever take my heels in kapo I'm going on a cruise... ;)

ashtanga en cevennes said...

um... champagne. Sheesh! Typo city today chez moi.

alfia said...

Oh, cruise is another excellent idea! Maybe we should all get on one and cruise all the way to India?
How are you, JS?

Boodiba said...

If I got there Joy, you can get there too. Took like a year and a half to get assisted there consistently, and then another year to get there on my own consistently. I still can't get my heels directly from the air.

Anonymous said...

But you can drop back and stand up and do Pasasana. I still need the door to get to the floor in drop backs. Supta Kurmasana has been an unexpected development this year. I used to just send the anatomy in the right direction and move on to the next pose, then Cary came behind me and easily bound my hands and I realised I had been giving up too easily. Now I believe it will happen, its just a question of when.

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
Nice to know you had a nice weekend. I don't know why Supta Kurmasana is not a problem for me, although in my early years it was, and yet coming to standing and dropping back from UD is. Maybe now that I have some time I may work on it...

For Supta, you kind of have to play with the foot that is supposed to climb over the other. once you get them to be interlaced, then you can work on putting your head under it.

More bendy people get into it by doing Dwi Pada first and then lowering their assembly down. That would be very difficult for me.

cheers,
Arturo

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Linda, thanks. I'll keep trying!

Sweet Alfia, I'm good. Crazybusy but well. Glad to see you!

LI Ashtangini said...

It was still good to see you anyway! But you ran away before I could get a picture. :( I'll be back soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Arturo,

I can work my feet together in Supta K, but the right just wont hop up and over the left.If a teacher helps me out, I can keep the bind and worm my head under and stay there, my heal needs a spring implant!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo