Friday, October 10, 2008

Incommunicado

I have been feeling a little bit overwhelmed and overstretched lately. Skipped practice not only on Wednesday, but Thursday, too. Today I had a very miserable practice. I am either bloated or gained weight, but I felt simply ginormous. No surprise here, with all the work deadlines and home inspections I did not watch my food. No, the food choices were fine, but the quantities were not, I think. Haven't been using my Cron-o-meter either. But - I was still doing meditation! I am probably hooked. 10 minutes of seated meditation feels like a safe heaven, or an island in the midst of the storming sea. It is funny how setting the intention of doing meditation for a month can overcome the need of doing urgent work, or need to cook, or other necessary things for which I do not have enough time. And boy it helps to pull a self together!
OK, back to work. The good thing is that this is a Friday before the long weekend. So the task is to survive this day in one piece and everything will be great. Happy Friday!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! It's lovely that you've found meditation to be such an oasis.

I struggle with the same thing - I think for the most part what I eat is fine, very healthy even, but it's a quantity issue. I am eating for myself and my imaginary shibas?

; )

Happy Friday, sweet Alfia! xx.

alfia said...

Good morning, Anna! :)
I hear you. Did we overstretch our stomachs? Or is it a comfort issue? I can't figure this out yet, but I need to do it soon. We will find a solution, right?
XOXO

Boodiba said...

I eat whatever I want but overall my portion control is probably small. I eat a lot at once, but not that often... Seems to work even though it's not what you're "supposed" to do.

alfia said...

You might be one of those vata people who never gain weight no matter how much and how often they eat. So lucky... :)

Nairam said...

Good morning!!!!! At least you made it to practice! (I didn't..., missed Wed-Friday). You made me laugh--I feel, precisely, "ginormous" right now, ha ;) unfortunately I overeat when under stress (and that's right now...). Hummmmm.

Looking forward to a weekend of long practice, nice brunches ;P and getting back on the smooth track of things...

alfia said...

Good afternoon, Nairam! :)
I think the global financial crisis is a good excuse for you to skip practice. Yoga should not add to the stress.
I am so ready for this long weekend, can't even express it...

Anonymous said...

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks for the helpful comments over on my blog.

Globie

rayna said...

isn't it funny how when we feel "ginormous" we actually look the same to everyone else? (you looked perfectly fabulous to me this morning!) but i know what you mean! normally i am a mostly raw foodie but lately bread has been calling... and calling... and calling... *sigh* i will send us both happy thoughts for the rest of today (almost over!!) and a good, sweaty practice on sunday. (^_^)

Arturo said...

hi Alfia
hope you get the diet in check to your satisfaction. it's possible you're eating healthily, if maybe in larger than usual quantities.

i forget what holiday is coming up- it's probably a federal holiday, which doesn't apply to us.

hugs
Arturo

alfia said...

Hi, Arturo:

What a bummer this holiday does not apply to you! We all could use a day off.

I am trying to get back on the wagon with CRON, so far it seems to be working! Thank you for your support.
:)

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna:

Thank you for your kind words! Speaking of food, would you care to join Maria and me for breakfast tomorrow after practice?

ashtanga en cevennes said...

cou cou Alfia, sorry you're feeling overstretched and -whelmed. I'm wishing you a long and lovely night's sleep...

(I'm terrified of what my hamstrings are going to say to me tomorrow morning, they are so ouchy tonight.)

Anonymous said...

Hello sweet... just wanted to say Happy Monday! Not sure whether or not you are off.

alfia said...

Hi, JS, hello, Anna!

I am off today and away from my computer. Had a lovely massage with Tova and feeling great! I looooove long weekends, lazy me. :D

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo