Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday - the best day of the week.

Oh, well, this week is over, thank God. My baby is here, came on a Chinese bus this morning. I have forgotten how tall my son is. He is nearly one head taller than me, and I am relatively tall myself. Things got more or less done. I started the paper on my major project, it is coming along nicely now. Summer students are gone, the poster session was a success. Paperwork is finished, hopefully I will start getting paid now. The apartment is in a pretty good shape; it is not immaculate, but no longer a dump. I missed three shala practices, but did some yoga at home, which made my shoulder feel really good. My eating was less than stellar this week, but I am OK with it. Tonight we will eat out for Victor's birthday, and tomorrow I will re-start my CRON.
So I am back in the game! Looking forward to practicing full primary tomorrow at the shala.
How beautiful the opening ceremony in Beijin was! I was never a sports fan, but there is something about the Olympics that makes watching sports interesting. Things changed so much since we watched the Games last time. Women lifting weigths! Not even women, but tiny girls lifting 114 kg. Amazing!

11 comments:

Boodiba said...

I kind of wish I had a TV to watch some Olympic gymnastics. I hope you post some highlights! I can watch them later on youtube.

I've been eating way too much crap too. At least I had a salad today, finally :)

alfia said...

I was not eating too much crap, but eating too much period. I do not do well under pressure.

I am enjoying the Olympics very much! Can't even imagine life without tv. I guess I just do not have much life?

Boodiba said...

Oh we Astangis tend to not have much of a life :) Unless trust funded maybe or otherwise set.

I went out two nights in a row though (woo hoo!), which is very rare for me now.

alfia said...

Good for you! Life is so much more than yoga. Ooops! Did I just say that?! :D
I off to have birthday dinner.

Rebirth2017 said...

Welcome back! Missed you! Wishing you a great practice tomorrow at the shala :) I'll be at mine too doing full primary as well so yay!

Peace,
ABY

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Happy Birthday to Victor!
Cheers,
Arturo

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Happy Birthday to your adoring husband, Alfia! How cool that we have the same birthday... thanks so much for your beautiful birthday wishes. You are sparkles and whimsy!!

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you back!!! And we knew you'd get it all together ;)

alfia said...

Hi, Aby! It is good to be back. Yay for the full primary, but I agree with you - we do need a breakthrough. Where one finds those, I wonder?

alfia said...

Hi, Joy Suzanne and Arturo:

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It seems that very awesome people have birthdays in August. :)

alfia said...

Nairam, thank you for the vote of confidence. I need to learn to keep my shit together better though, stress does not agree with me. I get too fat as a result! :D

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo