Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A little overscheduled.

Not much happening in terms of practice. I had to confess today to David about the uncertain feeling in my shoulder (the leftover injury) when he tried to make me put more effort into jump-back-jump-through action. I guess this means no new poses for another year or so. I am so tired though, that I do not care anymore.
I just need to survive this week, and all will be well. This is the last week for out summer students. I will need to sub a class on Thursday, and teach my regular classes on Friday and Sunday. Also, it is my husband's birthday this Saturday, so something needs to be done there. My son will come from NYC for that weekend to celebrate with us. Need to plan meals. Clean the apartment. Write a paper. Finish the paperwork at work (which would allowed me to get paid and get health insurance). Several other things needed to be done, but I do not remember which ones, only remember they were important. OK, I am hyperventilating now. Taking a deep breath ....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just asked Susananda if she wanted to borrow my Queen of Overscheduling Tiara, but I'm sure I have an extra for you!

It all gets done, somehow, eventually.

Happy almost birthday to Mr. Alfia! It is lion season in your home too!

Hope that your shoulder feels better soon...

alfia said...

Hi, Anna:
Queen of Overscheduling Tiara! :D
Might not fit on my ready-to-explode-head though.

It is lion season here! I should not complain, these are good times.

Thank you, Anna! You always manage to make me feel better. Mwah!

Elaina said...

Alfia,

This week is crazy for me too! :) Something must be going on cosmically.
I'll be sending you good vibes. We are strong, we can do it!

Kisses,
Elaina

lilalia said...

Sounds like it is almost time for a massive panic attack. Sure hope you know when to pull your handbrake. Take dear care of yourself.

alfia said...

Thank you, Lia! I will be OK. Next Monday. :)

crankyhausfrau said...

sounds like you need a massage? i will email you back to schedule :)

alfia said...

Boy, oh boy, do I ever!

You are my angel, Tova.

Anonymous said...

Life is like the theater and somehow, everything does come together. Maybe it's held together by shoes and ships and sealing wax, but we are all one of kings. ;)

(...as I too seem to be drowning in a sea of paperwork and research that all need to be completed at the same time.)

Keep on smiling and breathing...

Anonymous said...

Hey, hang in there. I agree, somehow, it will be done, so no need to stress. Just plod along!

Hugs,

N

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
I hope your shoulder feels better.
I overscheduled one Sunday, the one in which Laksmi visited. After her visit, I cycled to the train station, went to Palo Alto, visited a friend, returned in two hours, cycled back home, carried the bike up 5 flight of stairs because the elevator broke down, walked five blocks north to catch a bus to go to the sutra reading, participated in the sutra reading, gave up on doing groceries on top of that and returned home. And then I wondered why I was yawning a lot during the sutra reading. I even feel I should explain to the other participants next time we meet why I was so tired then. Happy birthday to V.

Portside, I'd like to use that in my blog. It's so inspired.
Cheers,
Arturo

chitta vritti said...

wo ho! you are getting a Tova-massage :) that is just the best treat ever in times of overscheduling!

crankyhausfrau said...

i miss you :(

alfia said...

Hi, guys:
The craziness continues, but I hope everything will settle down by Sunday. I miss you all too!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo