Monday, August 18, 2008

Feeling immature.

There is something wrong with me. So yesterday, I was such a good girl - prepared food, clothes and everything for Monday and by 8:30 was in bed with my laptop. Since there was a half hour of free time before bed, I decided to check out the chess program on my Mac. Lost. To a computer! It did not agree with me at all, so I played another game. Lost again. One more, and another one. I won at last, but it was nearly eleven. How stupid is that? Of course, I could not wake up on time, slept an extra hour, missed shala, did not practice. And since there was an extra half hour in the morning, I played chess again. Can you guess what happened? Right, I am late for work! For a forty-something year-old woman I behave unbelievably immature. Ugh. At least I managed to buy MSM yesterday, so hopefully tomorrow I will be ready for a good practice. Meanwhile I need to go an knock my head against the wall a little.
Happy Monday! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you! I've actually missed my metro stop on multiple occasions due to the games on my iPod (ending up at either end of the red line when my commute is VanNess/Farragut North).

Down with the machines!

;)

alfia said...

But I am nearly twice as old as you are! I should know better. I think my son is more mature than me sometimes. :D

Anonymous said...

My dad maintains that he will be young with smatterings of immaturity until he grows old and curmudgeonly...I'm inclined to agree with him on that and think it's a rather healthy perspective on life.

Anonymous said...

Ha. I also waste a lot of times with games and on the internet. Certainly more than I should, and they have, at times, gotten me distracted enough to make me have to rush...

In spite of that, I think it's still OK to let oneself relax from time to time... Yay for inmaturity!

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
I do that sometimes, and it's because I spent too much time on my computer as well.
Cheers,
Arturo

ashtanga en cevennes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashtanga en cevennes said...

oops, sorry I just wanted to fix my typos--

You are too cute, Alfia! This story made me laugh.

For me it's not games, just blogs and emails and (shhh) online shopping. Not that I actually buy anything--I just covet and covet and covet. Put things on Wishlist and then decide a couple days later that I can definitely live without them. But the search, that's the part I can't do without. ;)

rayna said...

don't beat yourself up, alfia!! your "vice" could be totally worse for you! you could think of it this way... at least those games of chess are doing some good things for your brain! (at least, this is what i tell myself when i stay up late playing solitaire...)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo