Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back on the vagon.

Strong practice yesterday and today. Bought MSM at last, and what a difference! No nagging aching feeling all day long, the the practice is back to being actually enjoyable. One of the things I noticed lately is that I tend to hold my breath in some transitions (jumping back to chaturanga, updog to downdog, and some others). I tried to control it today, and the breathing was much smoother. In terms of energy it is all good, too. For breakfast I mix half a bottle of Naked green or blue machine with either Anutra or some other fiber-containing mix, and the carbs in Naked carry me through the practice with no problem. I get hungry only an hour or two after the practice, when the adrenaline wears off.
I got back on my CRON vagon. Following Arturo's advice, I prepare the food for breakfast and lunch an evening before, weigh everything and enter the data into Cron-o-meter. In the evening, I look for whatever component is missing from my diet, and make a dinner accordingly. Lacking the necessary ingredients, I take supplements. So far, this week's diet was stellar (a little high on carbs, but within the calorie limit). Can't wait till Sunday to see what the scale tells me. Not that it ever tells me anything good.
Too much work at work for some reason. I was hoping for a slow season after the summer insanity, but no such luck. When is that Labor day?

7 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

hi love! i have missed you these last few days :(
glad you are feeling good about practice and food! i need to get some of that msm stuff.

alfia said...

Missed you too, Tova! Want me to bring you some MSM tomorrow? Just to try, if you like it or not.

crankyhausfrau said...

oh, that's ok. i will go get some. i kind of feel like you need to take something for a while to see if it works, and i don't want to take your supplements, that stuff ain't cheap!

alfia said...

Ha, but I got "buy one, get another one for free" deal. So I have an extra bottle to give away! I also ordered some off the internet, and it should come soon. Trust me, there is going to be so much MSM in the house, the cats will not find a place to sleep. Shall I bring a bottle?

Anonymous said...

Nice, sounds like you are up and running!

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Labor day is the following weekend. I hope you enjoy it. A friend is visiting from Texas and he says he wants to do yoga. Luckily the class is led, so he can follow. I'm glad your nutrition is going well. I do pretty well most days. Today I went to a vendor lunch, and those always derail me into cookies territory. Tomorrow I need to reset.
hugs
Cheers,
Arturo

Rebirth2017 said...

Hi Alfia!
Hope you had an awesome MSM inspired practice today! LOL!
Let me know how it goes with the addition of the Green Vibrance. It's definitely more potent than the Naked which is not a bad idea to do anyway :) Green + MSM (and even a bit of extra Vit C) = energy and flexibility in my book. That says it all for me and my practice at age 50. That and you doing CRON should have you superpowered!
Have a beautiful afternoon!
Om,
ABY

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo