Friday, July 25, 2008

This week just does not want to end.

Very decent practice today. Keith gave me an awesome adjustment in Marichi D, I was able to bind my wrists and hold it for what is seemed forever. He also observed me doing my drop-backs/stand-ups from UD, so I guess there is a hope for me to get a new pose sometime soon.

I was teaching a class yesterday that I share with another teacher for the summer. I used one of the tricks I learned in Adrienne Reed's training (thank you, Miriam!). To distract people from the effort of holding garudasana for a long time, I made them turn their faces to each other and do the "lion face" - a loud exhalation with the tongue out and eyes crossed. Then they turned to the other side and did the same. It was a lot of fun, we laughed like crazy, but held the pose for much longer than usual. The students liked it a lot.

Lots of things to be done at work. There is not enough time in the day.I used to stay up late to finish things, but it is out of the question these days. I am not sacrificing the quality of my practice for work. I have my priorities straight.

Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Boodiba said...

Ahhh Friday!!!!

I think comedy deserves a place in every yoga practice :) Lightness & laughter.

I have a lot of work to do today too, and sample requests to get out. I hope IT humors me by fixing my printing problem.

I am wishing us both and Easy Breezy day!

alfia said...

Thank you, Linda! We could all use an Easy Breezy day, honestly.
:)

Boodiba said...

I don't know about you, but my morning strategy has one key element. Starbucks!

Perhaps that will help with the basset hound impression I'm getting when I look in the mirror!

alfia said...

I am two years clean of caffeine, so no Starbucks for me.

Basset hound impression!!!! :D

Boodiba said...

I look REALLY shitty, but I don't care that much.

More food will help? Bottomless pit trend continues. Egg, ham & cheese to go along w/ the caffeine.

I would cease to exist w/out Starbucks btw. I don't know how you do it.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!!! See, see, I knew he would check you out soon :) You'll get it, you'll get it, I'm sure :)

Really cool you teach... and you sound like a fun teacher!

alfia said...

Thank you, Nairam! You are a sweetheat!

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia

My golly, if I was in your shoes, I would be screaming at the top of my blog that I was doing dropbacks and coming to standing. You're whispering. I mean, when I get that, I will post a picture of the Puerto Rican flag, the Coqui frog and the fortress of El Morro in San Juan to celebrate. Mega-congratulations!!

Hmm, I can't think of the maskot.
(0v0) is great at coming up with those for people. Maybe we should ask her.

How about a gazelle?

hugs
Arturo

Anonymous said...

Alfia, it was SO lovely meeting you, I only wish we had more time! You are as sweet and wonderful in person as you are online.

Hugs and thank you for everything!
xxxxxxoooooo

alfia said...

Hi, Anna:

I take it you reached home safely?
I enjoyed meeting both of you immensely! I think you are even more beautiful in life than on your blog, which before did not seem quite possible. I am looking forward to seing you again!
Mwwwwahhhh! :)

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Having met Laksmi and you, I find that people are as wonderful in real life as they are in their blogs.
hugs
Arturo

alfia said...

Morning, Arturo:

I think I agree with you. I met you, Tova, Elaina, Anna and Katie, and I loved every single one of you!

Anonymous said...

Alfia, now I am blushing!

LOVE FEST!

xoxoxoxo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo