Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jump backs and Zumba equal one tired mama.

Me tired.
The practice was good today. I was a little surprised, because for two days now we also do Zumba in the morning at work, and I feel mighty pooped afterwards. One of our summer students is getting a certification as a Zumba instructor, and he is instructing us for practice. He is great, and zumba is a lot of fun. Anyway, back to practice. So David tells me to get the jump-backs and jump-throughs straight (mine suck). I really did not want to let him know that it still hurts a little in my shoulder blade when I press down in a hand-standish position, so I was trying my best to emulate the motions without hurting myself further. Boy, I was tired by the end of practice! All that breakfast-induced power promptly went "puff" into the air. Well, I guess it is time for me to learn them, because they do separate the Real Yogis from the wannabes like me. But I am sooo tired now. It is only 3 pm, but I am ready to go to bed and sleep till tomorrow. Which is a dreaded Thursday!
Here is what Zumba looks like (taken from here http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/240349):



9 comments:

Boodiba said...

Well my drop backs suck. Hooray suckiness!!

Zumba hey? Sounds very walla balla. Do you dance around a campfire? Wear grass skirts? Bones in hair????

:)

Hey I have my phone off the hook at 8:30pm lately. I'm on a mission baby. A yoga mission.

Anonymous said...

Zumba Unga Bunga! Yes, what is that?

You are not a wannabe, that is ridiculous. Stop saying that.

alfia said...

Hi, Linda! I will trade my suckiness for yours any day! :D

Good luck with the yoga mission.

Hi, Anna! Wannabe was supposed to be a joke. I guess my jokes are not funny when I am tired. :)

I posted a video of Zumba.

Anonymous said...

I love when they shimmy shake their hips!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Noooo!!!!!!! That looks like SO much fun. Oh my god.

I'm working so hard on my jumpbacks. I get everything all tucked in, I'm well off the ground, but I need the power in my shoulders (I think) to give me just a little extra crank. Jumpthroughs are easier.

alfia said...

It is fun! Everything hurts afterwards, though. On that video, what is she wearing on top, I wonder? Ultra-cropped T-shirt, or something. Why bother at all, it seems that a bra would suffice nicely. Wait, I sound grumpy! It might be my old age showing! :D

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Wow, that looks like great fun. I recognize the singer and I'm drawing a blank on her name, although she used to get her eyebrows done where I got my hair cut in Miami Beach. Colombian Middle Eastern singer. Ayy. Details... This sort of dance aerobics would go well at Ironworks, where I used to do aerobics in SoBe, and where I started yoga in earnest. There was a great ashtanga teacher there. Ironworks was previously named Pumping Iron, but locals called it the Curling Iron. Fun times.
Cheers,
Arturo

Anonymous said...

That looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Hey, fun!!! Can I come, too? :P

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo