Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have not practiced for two weeks now and I can feel it in every muscle of my body. It feels like I am being embalmed or slowly mummified, stiffness setting in, freedom of motion going away. Sigh. But my shoulder blade is much improved, I think. The only truly painful motion at the moment is sneezing. The thing is that I am going to Florida this Saturday for Adrienne Reed's teacher intensive for a week, and I am hoping so much that I am not going to be incapacitated by the stupid shoulder! Because intensive it is going to be - 11 hours a day for 5 days in a row.
I am a little overwhelmed at the moment. In addition to work, I found myself in a sea of unfulfilled obligations, which are weighing on me like a huge boulder. Procrastination sucks!
My boss has multiple appointments every day for either MRI, a CAT scan, or a surgeon consultation. She also decided to start a blog, so I checked out the breast cancer blogs on the net. My God they are depressing! Not because the women are in a depressed state, no, the majority of bloggers I read exhibited an incredible strength of character. It is because that in that community of bloggers somebody dies all the time. There is always a tribute to one blogger or another, who died recently. I like Ashtanga blogosphere so much better!
Anyway, depending on the time and Internet availability at the training place in Tampa, I might not be able to post for a week or so. Please do not forget me!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Alfia, how could we ever forget you?

The thing about physical practice is, it's always there for us, no matter how long it takes us to return. And there's practice besides asana too, right? I struggle to remember that myself.

I hope you soak up all the knowledge and joy from the teacher training that it has to offer! And of course, send best wishes and prayers to your boss.

You're a good friend, and even though you might be feeling overwhelmed, it seems as if you're handling the different aspects of your life with a lot of grace.

xo.

alfia said...

Thank you, Anna! I am looking forward to a new experience with this training. Of course I would rather go to India, but it does not seem to be in the stars.

I hope you feel better!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Have a good weekend, Alfia! xoxoxo

Rebirth2017 said...

Have a great time at your intensive! I am on my way soon to mine!

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Have a good trip. Your suitcases will be well taken care of automatically at the Tampa airport. I worked for a year on a project that automates the sortation of baggages there, from the curb to the plane. Also, when coming back to catch your plane, you won't be able to miss a bright yellow building that looks like a concourse but is just a big sortation facility. I point out to it because they almost made us change the color after it was approved, because someone's wife thought it was too bright a yellow.

Enjoy the training. I learned some of my morning routines from David Williams in a Tampa training.
hugs
Arturo

susananda said...

Hi Alfia,
Procrastination is really the bane of my existence, and it creates so much worry. Gr. It's so frustrating!! At least am doing some housework today. I hope your shoulder improves and the training is a great experience.. see you soon xo
:)

Anonymous said...

Of course we won't!!!! We are waiting for you! :)

Anonymous said...

It's so great pleasure to read your blog so I will not forget you! Hope you get better in your shoulder very soon, and enjoy your stay!

Boodiba said...

Hey Alfia,
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. And I will certainly make it a point to stay well away from the cancer blogs!

Head to the light! To the light!

Hope you have a great time at the workshop.

Anonymous said...

Alfia, hope you're having a great time!

Do you practice at the shala Sundays?

alfia said...

Hello, everyone! I am still in Tampa, but I am done with training. I had a blast! But internet sucked big time at the hotel.
Anna, I normally do not practice on Sundays, but I do not mind doing it if there is a reason. Are you coming to DC by any chance?

Anonymous said...

Katie (ashtangi) and I are going to be in DC next weekend for a wedding - unfortunately I don't think we're going to have any time to be social and our train is Sunday at noon. But, we were thinking of going to your shala on Sunday! Lets touch base this week.

Want to hear about your trip!
xxx

alfia said...

Awesome! I will come to practice on Sunday even if I am hopping on one leg! Can't wait to meet you!
:)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo