Friday, June 27, 2008

The week is over! Well, nearly...

Skipped shala again, had a slow and gentle practice at home. Avoided everything that irritated my shoulder blade, which this time also included jumping back, forward and through, and all twists. Sleep was better today, but to compensate for that I had a really bad dream. In this dream, my husband confessed he was in love with another woman and leaving immediately. I woke up sobbing, and realised that I just projected my friend's situation onto myself. Good thing in this nightmare I did not have to deal with a breast cancer scare (which is still not resolved), otherwise I might have not woken up at all.
Yoga nidra progress - I rotated all the way through the right leg! With this speed I will be able to finish the whole practice in a couple of years! :)
Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, sorry about the dream--I know that those can be heart-shaking, even if one is aware that they are only what they are: bad dreams. It does sound that what happened to your friend has stressed you out; I do hope all you are doing helps you soon and you can rest much better and go back to regular practice :D

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
Oo, bad dream. Hey, the good news is that the nutrition principles in CR protects you from cancer.
Cheers,
Arturo

Anonymous said...

Bad dreams are horrible. But it's good that you're taking care of yourself and being good to your body practice-wise.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Stellata said...

The best part about bad dreams, is WAKING UP and feeling RELIEF....

Stellata said...

But sending good love and vibes to you poor friend...

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Oh Alfia. Maybe we could dedicate some practices to your friend? I was just going to half-ass it today because of the heat, but I'll do my very best and try to send positive energy to her.

eeyore said...

ooh alfia, your poor friend. hope she is doing ok, and she is lucky to have you to support her and dig in her garden. dreams like that are windows into a kind of sadness that should not visit us. and your son is 21! best wishes to him, he must be amazing.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo