Sunday, June 22, 2008

The downside of being healthy

Turns out that I am healthy as a horse. At least biochemically speaking. I got back the results of the multiple tests I had done for the baseline before starting CRON. The idea was that I will enjoy the dramatic improvement of multiple indicators of my health by following the calorie reduction. But my results are practically the same as people's who followed CRON for many years. Which is interesting, because one would expect some health hazards associated with having nearly 30% of body fat. What am I to do now? I wonder if changing something in my lifestyle will actually worsen everything, because there is no room for improvement. Darn.
The weekend is over and I did not even notice it. But I did lots of yoga today, so it was not completely wasted.
I hope you guys had a great weekend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hi alfia!! i'm not surprised that you are in top health! maybe this means you shouldn't really change much, but continue to do what you are doing? of course, we can all strive to be happier and more at peace with our bodies (both internal and external). personally, i feel like that's where most of my effort (at least regarding health) seems to be directed...

totally unrelated - i can't wait for your mac to arrive and hear your assessment!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Wow, no room for improvement! Maybe you could go on a chocolate cake diet for a while and check again after a bit. Who knows what you could get away with? You're bionically healthy!

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna!
My Mac is arriving on 25th! Can't wait.
I am going to read you now! :)

alfia said...

Hi, Joy! Chocolate cake diet is not my thing, unfortunately. I could go on a berry binge, or go crazy with margaritas. I feel totally invincible now. Not a good think I suspect! :D

Boodiba said...

Oooh margaritas...

Thinking about diet makes me nutty. I felt guilty over the turkey burger Sunday & then mad at myself for the guilt.

Gypsy Girl said...

I suspect that the CRON way of eating is not just to improve on the beautiful biomarkers that you seem to have now, but to continue to have the same, healthy indicators as you grow into old age and are able to enjoy the same level of vitality and youthfulness.

alfia said...

Excellent point, Gypsy Girl! Thank you! :)

susananda said...

Hi Alfia,
If you'd rather binge on berries than chocolate cake, then I am not surprised you have such good health in the first place.
Keep up the good work :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo