Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend

On Friday I did not have a minute to sit: Mysore in the morning, free class at work to teach and all levels class in Sun and Moon in the evening. In between - a million things to do at work. I am not sure I like Fridays all that much anymore.
On Saturday - no yoga, but lots of walking. My husband and I went to Georgetown; I had a haircut, we browsed books in Barnes and Noble, shopped a little and then together cooked a nice dinner. Lovely day! Beautiful weather, too!
I really liked my haircut. When we came home, I decided that this new image required new makeup, so I drowned on Sephora website and spent an indecent amount of money there. Aaaah, can't wait when the stuff comes. Shopping is very therapeutic for me, it made a beautiful day completely perfect and I went to bed a happy woman.
I am not going to shala this morning. I will do my home practice with concentration on my weaknesses; then I will prepare for my vinyasa class for tonight, which will give me more practice. The rest of the day I will clean the house, which also has a nice, calming effect on me; prepare food and make plans for the week ahead. Life is good!

16 comments:

Boodiba said...

Online shopping yields two doses of gratification. First there's the browsing & ordering. Then there is the arrival!

I forgot I also bought some stuff from Vitamin Shoppe yesterday. In my quest for the continuation of the no OTC sleeping pill snooze. I like this brand called Source Naturals, for both skin cream & supplements. Their 5mg sublingual melatonin works the best for me. Got some more of that plus a special supplement they make (vitamins & aminos) just for bed time. Nutri Rest.

alfia said...

I agree about two doses! Every time when the package arrives, I feel like a little girl at Christmas!
Let me know how the Nutri Rest works for you, OK? My husband now has some trouble falling asleep.

Boodiba said...

I will!! I would definitely tell him to try the sublingual melatonin. The regular capsule kind never worked for me & doses used to be smaller (1mg). I take the 5mg sublingual. You stick it under your tongue & let it dissolve. I usually take it an hour before bed.

Boodiba said...

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=SR-5336

alfia said...

Thank you, Linda!
Mwah!

Boodiba said...

I think I f-d up the link thing but you get the idea. Let me know if he tries it & how it goes!!!

I know how frustrating sleeping problems can be.

Off to the shala, lions, tigers & bears oh my!

alfia said...

I will let you know, Linda.
Have a great practice!

Yogamum said...

Ooh, I love shopping at Sephora online. When it arrives it's like getting a little present!!

alfia said...

Hi, Yogamum! Me, too! Stuff you ordered plus free samples in a box - just like Christmas. I am a huge sucker for freebies. :D

Anonymous said...

Great product for sleep...
Natural Calm Magnesium Drink

Works every time and tastes so good!

Anonymous said...

PS We ALL need more Magnesium for practice and for daily stress :)

alfia said...

Thank you, Anon! I will check it out. :)

Ursula said...

I take Magnesium, too.
I have too much stress.

Hahaha.

Honestly I think magnesium is good.

crankyhausfrau said...

i love the little free sample you get from sephora.
i need to take more magnesium.

Gypsy Girl said...

Magnesium is fantastic and it really really works. I swear by it.
where do I find the Natural Calm Magnesium Drink?

Check out this great magnesium tip on my blog.

http://travelingshoesblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/pamper-yourself.html

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
I'm curious if shopping is one of those things that regardless place in the world, it has the same effect on people. I mean, if they studied a remote village in Africa that was not exposed to TV to determine that people have basic emotions everywhere, and they are revealed in their facial expressions. Do people react the same way about shopping everywhere in the world, like feeling happy that they made some good purchases?
Here's something that made me wonder about this.
Emotions Revealed
hugs
Arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo