Thursday, May 15, 2008

No more classes, please!

Today was the last day of my training at work. I feel a little brain-dead, but otherwise happy. The brains are overrated, anyway. I have access to internet again, which is more important!
My practice this week was unexpectedly good. I did skip Monday, but not a day after that. My ribs hurt a little on the back (I guess I pulled one of the ubiquitous intercostal muscles at the workshop), but it is not too bad. I am now standing up from UD (using a bench) steadily, and feel that my UD is overall better. I did not have any energy left for the home (read - crim) practice, but I attribute this more to the training at work, not my yoga practice.
Since I did not practice at home, I watched a lot of movies. 27 dresses (stupid), Juno (good), Stargate - the Arch of Truth (felt like an episode of the show, not like a movie), and Golden Compass (so-so). It felt like in my childhood, when I could watch 4-5 movies in a row. Good times! Now the delinquent adolescent in me asks to go and see the Chronicles of Narnia new installment, but I think my adult self will prevail and wait for the DVD.
Tomorrow is Friday!!! Where did the week go? Stupid training... :)

6 comments:

Boodiba said...

I was wondering why no blog posts.

I've gotten so into movies again. I really have to try to control the spending though, the iTunes charging & so forth. I have one rental I've gotta watch in my remaining 25 days or so. I shouldn't have read the review AFTER I downloaded though. Doh! (PS: I love you).

PS: You were a fucking jerk & were never any good in bed anyway? - that might be more fun of a movie.

:)

alfia said...

Hi, Linda!

What is cheaper, Netflix or iTunes? I need to curb my spending, too! Otherwise my son will not finish college, which would suck big time. :)

rayna said...

iTunes is quite possibly the most dangerous thing out there... but we use it all the time. If there's one near you, Redbox is pretty good - $1/day rental.

My roommate in Baltimore tried out Netflix and if you watch lots of movies, it can be really cheap!

I liked Juno, too. Golden Compass - agreed, it was so-so. Glad you're back online. Isn't it scary when you don't have internet?? Soon there will be rehab programs for internetoholics.

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna!
Thank you for your advice. I am addicted to the movies, just as much as to the internet. I wonder if this is an indication of the absence of real life in my life? Need a rehab! :)
See you tomorrow!

rayna said...

i tell myself that it is just the opposite - being on the internet has globalized my relationship with others. hey, you're just expanding your network and staying more connected with the world. ;-)

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna!

I will comfort myself with this thought next time I think my internet addiction acquired an unhealthy tint. :D

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo