Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New meditation and yoga week

Practice was not spectacular, but better than yesterday. I met a very lovely girl at shala; she told me how she dealt with the standing up from UD issue. She visualized herself standing up, not only while attempting it, but also while driving, working and so on. She said she would just picture herself standing up, light as a feather, all day long. With my level of obsessiveness I can do it with no problem! I guess for now this is going to be my meditation practice.

It is a yoga week at NIH and I have not attended a single event yet. Oh, well, I might be able to make it to the talk "The Science of Yoga" by Timothy Mccall this morning. Should be interesting!

The sun is shining outside. I hope everyone has a very beautiful Wednesday.

6 comments:

Boodiba said...

I had a better time at practice TOO!

Visualization is useful for accomplishing absolutely anything.

crankyhausfrau said...

yay, sunny weather! and it is supposed to be all weekend, too!
we will get you standing up from your UD, don't worry!

alfia said...

Hi, Tova! Can't wait. We are still on for breakfast, right? It's a pity Aliya and Rayna can't make it.

Anonymous said...

Standing up/dropping back was my nemesis for such a long time, and now it's my favorite thing. Keep visualizing (and keep the weight in the feets) and eventually one day you will breathe right on up, soft as rain. : )

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
That is a good tip. It reminds me that psychologists speak about olympic athletes visualizing mentally over and over again what they need to accomplish when actually executing their sport.
cheers,
Arturo

Unknown said...

i know, i'm so bummed we can't make it. but it's the only time his sister and her husband can meet us. :-( as a wise woman once said: "poo." (^_^)

have a great day, alfia. see you tomorrow!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo